Dec 13, 2012, 9:03 AM EDT
The U.S. women’s team’s post-Olympic tribute tour rolls on – and so does prolific striker Abby Wambach.
The United States forward hit twice in a 4-0 win over China at BBVA Compass Stadium in Texas. Wambach has 25 goals in 2012 and now stands at 150 in her international career. That puts Wambach just eight goals shy of Mia Hamm’s U.S. record.
Wambach’s first goal, which was the first of the night:
Carli Loyd had a milepost night even before her 62nd minute strike. This was the U.S. midfielder’s 150th international appearance.
And Amy Rodriguez provided the night’s fourth goal, on a third assist Wednesday from right-sided midfielder Heather O’Reilly.
The United States out-shot the Chinese, 24-3. The United States is 7-0-2 on the tour.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0