Dec 13, 2012, 9:03 AM EST
The U.S. women’s team’s post-Olympic tribute tour rolls on – and so does prolific striker Abby Wambach.
The United States forward hit twice in a 4-0 win over China at BBVA Compass Stadium in Texas. Wambach has 25 goals in 2012 and now stands at 150 in her international career. That puts Wambach just eight goals shy of Mia Hamm’s U.S. record.
Wambach’s first goal, which was the first of the night:
Carli Loyd had a milepost night even before her 62nd minute strike. This was the U.S. midfielder’s 150th international appearance.
And Amy Rodriguez provided the night’s fourth goal, on a third assist Wednesday from right-sided midfielder Heather O’Reilly.
The United States out-shot the Chinese, 24-3. The United States is 7-0-2 on the tour.
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 7
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 1
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Ivory Coast, Cameroon in 1-1 draws as Group D up for grabs 0
- Mourinho on loss: “Me and the players must feel ashamed” 0
- FA Cup roundup: Top-three Premier League teams all eliminated at home 2