Dec 13, 2012, 9:03 AM EST
The U.S. women’s team’s post-Olympic tribute tour rolls on – and so does prolific striker Abby Wambach.
The United States forward hit twice in a 4-0 win over China at BBVA Compass Stadium in Texas. Wambach has 25 goals in 2012 and now stands at 150 in her international career. That puts Wambach just eight goals shy of Mia Hamm’s U.S. record.
Wambach’s first goal, which was the first of the night:
Carli Loyd had a milepost night even before her 62nd minute strike. This was the U.S. midfielder’s 150th international appearance.
And Amy Rodriguez provided the night’s fourth goal, on a third assist Wednesday from right-sided midfielder Heather O’Reilly.
The United States out-shot the Chinese, 24-3. The United States is 7-0-2 on the tour.
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 1
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1