Dec 13, 2012, 9:03 AM EDT
The U.S. women’s team’s post-Olympic tribute tour rolls on – and so does prolific striker Abby Wambach.
The United States forward hit twice in a 4-0 win over China at BBVA Compass Stadium in Texas. Wambach has 25 goals in 2012 and now stands at 150 in her international career. That puts Wambach just eight goals shy of Mia Hamm’s U.S. record.
Wambach’s first goal, which was the first of the night:
Carli Loyd had a milepost night even before her 62nd minute strike. This was the U.S. midfielder’s 150th international appearance.
And Amy Rodriguez provided the night’s fourth goal, on a third assist Wednesday from right-sided midfielder Heather O’Reilly.
The United States out-shot the Chinese, 24-3. The United States is 7-0-2 on the tour.
- Europe League roundup: Everton big winners at home; Spurs left with draw on the road 0
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 14
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 0
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 22
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1