Dec 13, 2012, 9:03 AM EDT
The U.S. women’s team’s post-Olympic tribute tour rolls on – and so does prolific striker Abby Wambach.
The United States forward hit twice in a 4-0 win over China at BBVA Compass Stadium in Texas. Wambach has 25 goals in 2012 and now stands at 150 in her international career. That puts Wambach just eight goals shy of Mia Hamm’s U.S. record.
Wambach’s first goal, which was the first of the night:
Carli Loyd had a milepost night even before her 62nd minute strike. This was the U.S. midfielder’s 150th international appearance.
And Amy Rodriguez provided the night’s fourth goal, on a third assist Wednesday from right-sided midfielder Heather O’Reilly.
The United States out-shot the Chinese, 24-3. The United States is 7-0-2 on the tour.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 10
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 6
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0