Dec 14, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Former Norte Dame Fighting Irish star Ryan Miller turns 28. The Illinois boy tried his luck with the Columbus Crew and D.C. United before jumping across the pond. He’s currently playing for Halmstad in Sweden. That sounds nice.
The defender earned a 2010 call from Bob Bradley for the United States national team’s friendly against Chile, but he did not feature. Less nice.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
Transfers and trades. It has to be transfers and trades, right? Silly season, yo. Get into it. MLS clubs are making moves like crazy. Wherefore art thou, Mix Diskerud? (Too weird? Too weird. Sorry. But look at that plaid jacket!) What clubs will make more moves today? Who knows. It could be anyone. I hear Steve D. put himself up for transfer. Kidding. He’s here forever. And we wouldn’t want it any other way.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day:
Who knows? No one ever tells me anything around these parts. Do you, good reader, have any ideas?
Hopefully, the next in a series of conversations based on a long conversation with U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann. It might drop at about noon ET, and we hope it does because these have been awesome.
Other than that… um… some thoughts about the matches this weekend? There are games this weekend, right? An examination of Merritt Paulson’s naughty and nice list? I know one thing: SD and RF have you covered.
What you should watch on TV today:
It has to be Bayern München vs Borussia M’gladbach at 2:30 ET on GolTV. If only Michael Bradley was still playing for the underdogs.
We’ll leave you with this:
Is this the best MLS offseason yet? Seriously: So. Many. Moves. And we’re only like a week and a half into the whole ordeal. We are legit excited about the Portland Timbers now, something we wouldn’t have said 72 hours ago. And Sporting Kansas City! Who needs Kaka when you’ve got Feilhaber?!?
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market 12
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. 28
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? 7
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 2
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 6
- Bigger impact on U.S. soccer growth: David Beckham or Pele? (35)
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (34)
- Portland ball kid correct to deny Mario de Luna (12)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (12)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (12)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Premier League drama set to thrill
- Play Video: Premier League: Real English drama
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team