Dec 14, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Former Norte Dame Fighting Irish star Ryan Miller turns 28. The Illinois boy tried his luck with the Columbus Crew and D.C. United before jumping across the pond. He’s currently playing for Halmstad in Sweden. That sounds nice.
The defender earned a 2010 call from Bob Bradley for the United States national team’s friendly against Chile, but he did not feature. Less nice.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
Transfers and trades. It has to be transfers and trades, right? Silly season, yo. Get into it. MLS clubs are making moves like crazy. Wherefore art thou, Mix Diskerud? (Too weird? Too weird. Sorry. But look at that plaid jacket!) What clubs will make more moves today? Who knows. It could be anyone. I hear Steve D. put himself up for transfer. Kidding. He’s here forever. And we wouldn’t want it any other way.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day:
Who knows? No one ever tells me anything around these parts. Do you, good reader, have any ideas?
Hopefully, the next in a series of conversations based on a long conversation with U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann. It might drop at about noon ET, and we hope it does because these have been awesome.
Other than that… um… some thoughts about the matches this weekend? There are games this weekend, right? An examination of Merritt Paulson’s naughty and nice list? I know one thing: SD and RF have you covered.
What you should watch on TV today:
It has to be Bayern München vs Borussia M’gladbach at 2:30 ET on GolTV. If only Michael Bradley was still playing for the underdogs.
We’ll leave you with this:
Is this the best MLS offseason yet? Seriously: So. Many. Moves. And we’re only like a week and a half into the whole ordeal. We are legit excited about the Portland Timbers now, something we wouldn’t have said 72 hours ago. And Sporting Kansas City! Who needs Kaka when you’ve got Feilhaber?!?
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 2
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs