Dec 15, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
Details have been dribbling out slowly on the new women’s professional league, names and logos and venues for individual teams.
A few minutes before 8 p.m. ET tonight, we get a big one.
At halftime of the United States-China match tonight from Boca Raton, Fla., the new professional women’s league will unveil its name and logo. (Which will be nice for everyone, but especially for we content providers, since there will be an actual name for this thing and we won’t need to call in the plain vanilla “new women’s professional soccer league.” It doesn’t have much zing or ring, does it?)
Kickoff for tonight’s match is 7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network.
In November, U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati announced the formation of an eight-team league. U.S. Soccer, the Canadian Soccer Association and the Mexican Federation will help subsidize salaries to assist in the business model.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0