Dec 15, 2012, 7:02 PM EDT
Details have been dribbling out slowly on the new women’s professional league, names and logos and venues for individual teams.
A few minutes before 8 p.m. ET tonight, we get a big one.
At halftime of the United States-China match tonight from Boca Raton, Fla., the new professional women’s league will unveil its name and logo. (Which will be nice for everyone, but especially for we content providers, since there will be an actual name for this thing and we won’t need to call in the plain vanilla “new women’s professional soccer league.” It doesn’t have much zing or ring, does it?)
Kickoff for tonight’s match is 7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network.
In November, U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati announced the formation of an eight-team league. U.S. Soccer, the Canadian Soccer Association and the Mexican Federation will help subsidize salaries to assist in the business model.
- Arsenal confirm $27 million signing of Calum Chambers 0
- Manchester City host #AskJesus (Navas) Twitter chat, hilarious comments ensue 0
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0