Dec 15, 2012, 7:02 PM EST
Details have been dribbling out slowly on the new women’s professional league, names and logos and venues for individual teams.
A few minutes before 8 p.m. ET tonight, we get a big one.
At halftime of the United States-China match tonight from Boca Raton, Fla., the new professional women’s league will unveil its name and logo. (Which will be nice for everyone, but especially for we content providers, since there will be an actual name for this thing and we won’t need to call in the plain vanilla “new women’s professional soccer league.” It doesn’t have much zing or ring, does it?)
Kickoff for tonight’s match is 7 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network.
In November, U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati announced the formation of an eight-team league. U.S. Soccer, the Canadian Soccer Association and the Mexican Federation will help subsidize salaries to assist in the business model.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0