Dec 16, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
It will never be as annoying as Call Me Maybe or some Southern California teenager singing about her favorite day of the week, but with close to one billion views on YouTube, it’s safe to say Korean Rap Sensation® Psy’s “Gangnam Style” has had it’s moment in the sun. And in the two months that have passed since the song saw that light of day, we’ve be scarcely worse off for its absence.
That doesn’t mean there aren’t some circumstances that don’t justify another 90 more seconds of that insidious scourge. For example, what if I were to tell you that there’s a version of the video that features Clint Dempsey’s notorious “Deuce Face” on top of Psy’s? So you get Jamaica-taunting Deuce barking Korean rap out of an animated mouth?
Yeah, I couldn’t resist it, either.
Thanks to Dan Wiersema at Free Beer Movement (a project dedicated to promoting the growth of soccer though, as far as I can tell, giving away free booze), “Gangnam Style” has been redeemed. At least, for a few days:
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 0-1 Sporting Kansas City 0
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Netherlands, Italy rescue draws; Bale, Wales go top 0
- Klinsmann’s USMNT struggles, experimentation in friendlies: Does it really matter? 2
- Klinsmann explains philosophy behind mad scientist lineups, formations for USMNT 7
- Russia wants full points from match abandoned after Akinfeev struck in head by flare (video) 0
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0