Dec 16, 2012, 9:30 PM EDT
It will never be as annoying as Call Me Maybe or some Southern California teenager singing about her favorite day of the week, but with close to one billion views on YouTube, it’s safe to say Korean Rap Sensation® Psy’s “Gangnam Style” has had it’s moment in the sun. And in the two months that have passed since the song saw that light of day, we’ve be scarcely worse off for its absence.
That doesn’t mean there aren’t some circumstances that don’t justify another 90 more seconds of that insidious scourge. For example, what if I were to tell you that there’s a version of the video that features Clint Dempsey’s notorious “Deuce Face” on top of Psy’s? So you get Jamaica-taunting Deuce barking Korean rap out of an animated mouth?
Yeah, I couldn’t resist it, either.
Thanks to Dan Wiersema at Free Beer Movement (a project dedicated to promoting the growth of soccer though, as far as I can tell, giving away free booze), “Gangnam Style” has been redeemed. At least, for a few days:
- DaMarcus Beasley, introduced in Houston: I see myself as a left back 0
- Wenger talks Zelalem, gets taste of U.S. obsession for potential international 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 2
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 1
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 4