Dec 18, 2012, 9:56 AM EDT
L.A. Galaxy and Irish international Robbie Keane, spending some MLS down time in Dublin, says he still has not decided on any loan possibilities as the January window approaches.
It was more of less the same thing he said two weeks ago after his Galaxy successfully defended its league title, but it does deserve noting that he still seems bothered by an Achilles strain, even after about 15 days off.
There is also some tricky timing involved.
What he said Monday in Dublin:
I am going to rest up and get ready for next season with the Galaxy. I haven’t even thought about taking up with any other teams, I have a few little niggles that I have to sort out before I even contemplate making any decisions.
“There has been a lot of speculation and a few clubs are interested, but it wouldn’t be right for me to go anywhere if I wasn’t 100 percent fit and ready. … I don’t have any major problems, just an Achilles injury, but if that isn’t right, I won’t be going anywhere.”
Keane went on loan last year to Aston Villa, scoring three times in seven appearances there. This time around, Queens Park Rangers are most often mentioned as a possible loan destination.
Also to be considered here, however, is a potentially abbreviated loan window. The Galaxy will be playing in MLS again in early March and have that CONCACAF quarterfinal first leg set for March 4.
Plus, Ireland is set for a busy year, with the next World Cup qualifying matches set for late March.
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 1
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 5
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 3
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 7
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago