Dec 18, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Osvaldo Alonso’s Premier League ambitions have now taken him to West Ham in London’s eastern reaches, apparently.
The Original Winger posted pictures of Alonso in West Ham colors and in training this morning.
Alonso trained two years ago with Everton, but nothing came of the partnership.
Meanwhile, he went right on about his business of making the center of the field a notably less comfortable place for Seattle Sounders’ opposition. Alonso is Major League Soccer’s best ball winner in midfield, and the former Cuban international keeps up his end on the attack, as well.
He has never hid his desire to try life in the English Premier League, and at age 27 the time would appear right.
Alonso is under contract to Seattle through 2014.
- Yahoo! reports: Mourinho to sign 4-year deal with Chelsea, will be unveiled June 2 0
- Anyone else think Bayern Munich is playing dirty? 6
- With PSG willing to match Wayne Rooney’s wages, Manchester United has somebody to bail them out 3
- Looking at the United States’ roster ahead of their Canada rematch 1
- A stadium for New York City FC – tougher than you think 9
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- Gareth Bale set to re-sign with Tottenham – But is it a good deal for the Welshman? (9)
- Possible temporary homes for New York City FC (9)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte