Dec 18, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Osvaldo Alonso’s Premier League ambitions have now taken him to West Ham in London’s eastern reaches, apparently.
The Original Winger posted pictures of Alonso in West Ham colors and in training this morning.
Alonso trained two years ago with Everton, but nothing came of the partnership.
Meanwhile, he went right on about his business of making the center of the field a notably less comfortable place for Seattle Sounders’ opposition. Alonso is Major League Soccer’s best ball winner in midfield, and the former Cuban international keeps up his end on the attack, as well.
He has never hid his desire to try life in the English Premier League, and at age 27 the time would appear right.
Alonso is under contract to Seattle through 2014.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 0
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 1
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2