Dec 18, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
Osvaldo Alonso’s Premier League ambitions have now taken him to West Ham in London’s eastern reaches, apparently.
The Original Winger posted pictures of Alonso in West Ham colors and in training this morning.
Alonso trained two years ago with Everton, but nothing came of the partnership.
Meanwhile, he went right on about his business of making the center of the field a notably less comfortable place for Seattle Sounders’ opposition. Alonso is Major League Soccer’s best ball winner in midfield, and the former Cuban international keeps up his end on the attack, as well.
He has never hid his desire to try life in the English Premier League, and at age 27 the time would appear right.
Alonso is under contract to Seattle through 2014.
- Week 8 Preview: Playoff rematches in Seattle, New England; new tests for D.C., New York 0
- Schmid takes needed kick at Open Cup-Champions League hornet’s nest 6
- Weekend off gives Toronto a chance to get Michael Bradley right 2
- Home teams take leads in first legs of Europa League semifinals 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Two way tussle for top spot – Week 35 0
- Premier League Scenarios: Title Chase, Race for Europe and Relegation 2