Dec 19, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
“It’s very abstract … We take it to the next level, you know?”
That was Clint Dempsey’s way trying to salvage a gingerbread house his group of four Spurs teammates woefully failed to assemble.
The scene: Tottenham has players break off into three teams with the task of putting together the houses. Group with the nicest house wins and gets a chance to present it at a Spurs community outreach event. The losers have to gorge themselves on frosting before André Villas-Boas’s next training session.
So who won? Well, check it out yourself, but suffice to say the U.S. is well represented in the building edible model houses world.
- 2015 Gold Cup: Three things we learned from the USA’s 2-1 victory over Honduras 0
- USMNT 2-1 Honduras: Dempsey brace enough for sloppy Yanks 1
- LOGO: Atlanta United unveils logo, makes name official at Tuesday event 2
- FOLLOW LIVE: USMNT begins Gold Cup defense versus Honduras (Lineups) 0
- WATCH: President Obama calls & congratulates USWNT, invites team to White House 0
- 2015 Gold Cup predictions: Can the USMNT win back-to-back titles? Here’s our picks… 1