Dec 19, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
This really should have been your lunchtime distraction, because I’m not sure there’s much more to it than an absent-minded, slightly related to soccer sound bite. Of course, as I say that this guy may be dodging militant Don’t Treaders in Manhattan Beach, so I really shouldn’t be so brazen when threatening behavior is being alleged.
At the same time, when something’s a legitimate threat, you don’t usually stand around on street corners discussing the details with TMZ.
That’s what Psycho Mike, a host on the radio show “Loveline”, did last night in Los Angeles when he stopped to talk about one of the drawbacks to his impending marriage to Bianca Kajlich.
If that name sounds familiar, that’s because she’s an actress on a show called “Rules of Engagement” and she’s done some movies and … oh, yes. She is Landon Donovan’s ex-wife.
According to Psycho Mike, that status has made him the target of various threats ahead of his weekend wedding to the former Mrs. Donovan. The most disturbing of his recounts alludes to a potential stabbing.
Before your concern peaks, this is TMZ we’re talking about. This is Los Angeles celebrity culture. These are people standing on a street corner talking about something that, if serious, should be in a police report.
So while I’m sure Psycho Mike is getting some negative feedback, I’m not so sure it’s keep him up at night. It’s surely not keeping him in at night.
It goes without saying that people threatening Psycho Mike are idiots who are lucky their target seems to be an easy going, nice guy, but this TMX recount has some serious broad stroke undertones. American soccer fans, as a group, aren’t threatening Mike, which is one assumption you can infer from the conversation. Instead, a few idiots are doing what idiots do.
So why did I post this, again?
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 0
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 0
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 Vancouver Whitecaps (video) 2