Dec 19, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
This really should have been your lunchtime distraction, because I’m not sure there’s much more to it than an absent-minded, slightly related to soccer sound bite. Of course, as I say that this guy may be dodging militant Don’t Treaders in Manhattan Beach, so I really shouldn’t be so brazen when threatening behavior is being alleged.
At the same time, when something’s a legitimate threat, you don’t usually stand around on street corners discussing the details with TMZ.
That’s what Psycho Mike, a host on the radio show “Loveline”, did last night in Los Angeles when he stopped to talk about one of the drawbacks to his impending marriage to Bianca Kajlich.
If that name sounds familiar, that’s because she’s an actress on a show called “Rules of Engagement” and she’s done some movies and … oh, yes. She is Landon Donovan’s ex-wife.
According to Psycho Mike, that status has made him the target of various threats ahead of his weekend wedding to the former Mrs. Donovan. The most disturbing of his recounts alludes to a potential stabbing.
Before your concern peaks, this is TMZ we’re talking about. This is Los Angeles celebrity culture. These are people standing on a street corner talking about something that, if serious, should be in a police report.
So while I’m sure Psycho Mike is getting some negative feedback, I’m not so sure it’s keep him up at night. It’s surely not keeping him in at night.
It goes without saying that people threatening Psycho Mike are idiots who are lucky their target seems to be an easy going, nice guy, but this TMX recount has some serious broad stroke undertones. American soccer fans, as a group, aren’t threatening Mike, which is one assumption you can infer from the conversation. Instead, a few idiots are doing what idiots do.
So why did I post this, again?
- Official: Neymar to join Barcelona 0
- Bayern Munich – Borussia Dortmund: The tactics and the game’s shifting momentum 0
- Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Robben the hero, Bayern crowned Champions League winners 4
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 1
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (14)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona