Dec 20, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
It’s been a remarkably, impossibly difficult year for the Egyptian Football Federation and the sport in the country, but it got a little bit better today as Al Ahly won Africa’s Club of the Year, Mohamed Salah took home Most Promising Talent of the Year, and Mohamed Aboutreika was named Player of the Year.
Here’s the best part: “In a brief speech at the ceremony, Treika dedicated the award to the victims of the Port Said disaster.”
The healing, you’d have to think, just got a little easier.
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea, Liverpool suffer stunning home defeats 0
- Tim Howard ready for USMNT return, as heroics rescue Everton 0
- Three things we learned from Tottenham Hotspur vs. Everton 2
- Liverpool 0-3 West Ham United: Hammers stun Reds at Anfield in fiery encounter 2
- Chelsea 1-2 Crystal Palace: Blues stunned at home by Eagles 5
- Manchester City 2-0 Watford: Sterling scores, hosts make history in comfortable win 0