Dec 20, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
It’s been a remarkably, impossibly difficult year for the Egyptian Football Federation and the sport in the country, but it got a little bit better today as Al Ahly won Africa’s Club of the Year, Mohamed Salah took home Most Promising Talent of the Year, and Mohamed Aboutreika was named Player of the Year.
Here’s the best part: “In a brief speech at the ceremony, Treika dedicated the award to the victims of the Port Said disaster.”
The healing, you’d have to think, just got a little easier.
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 2
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 7
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0