Dec 20, 2012, 6:29 PM EST
It’s been a remarkably, impossibly difficult year for the Egyptian Football Federation and the sport in the country, but it got a little bit better today as Al Ahly won Africa’s Club of the Year, Mohamed Salah took home Most Promising Talent of the Year, and Mohamed Aboutreika was named Player of the Year.
Here’s the best part: “In a brief speech at the ceremony, Treika dedicated the award to the victims of the Port Said disaster.”
The healing, you’d have to think, just got a little easier.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3