Dec 20, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
It’s been a remarkably, impossibly difficult year for the Egyptian Football Federation and the sport in the country, but it got a little bit better today as Al Ahly won Africa’s Club of the Year, Mohamed Salah took home Most Promising Talent of the Year, and Mohamed Aboutreika was named Player of the Year.
Here’s the best part: “In a brief speech at the ceremony, Treika dedicated the award to the victims of the Port Said disaster.”
The healing, you’d have to think, just got a little easier.
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 1-0 LA Galaxy 1
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 0-1 Sporting Kansas City 2
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Netherlands, Italy rescue draws; Bale, Wales go top 1
- Klinsmann’s USMNT struggles, experimentation in friendlies: Does it really matter? 4