Dec 20, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
It’s been a remarkably, impossibly difficult year for the Egyptian Football Federation and the sport in the country, but it got a little bit better today as Al Ahly won Africa’s Club of the Year, Mohamed Salah took home Most Promising Talent of the Year, and Mohamed Aboutreika was named Player of the Year.
Here’s the best part: “In a brief speech at the ceremony, Treika dedicated the award to the victims of the Port Said disaster.”
The healing, you’d have to think, just got a little easier.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0