Dec 21, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Most Americans were affected by last week’s awful events in Newtown, Connecticut, but a few more than others.
Marcus Tracy was the 2008 Hermann Trophy winner (awarded to the nation’s topst college player), helping Wake Forest to an NCAA championship. He went the European route, signing with Aalborg in Denmark rather than accepting an MLS deal.
Injuries have tamped down a promising career, but he’s now in place at San Jose with a chance to reboot with the Earthquakes.
Meanwhile, as Steven Goff from the Washington Post reports, his thoughts are with the community where he grew up. His mother taught at Sandy Hook Elementary, and Tracy later graduated from Newtown High School.
Just another, small layer on the terrible events of a week back.
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 0
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2
- PST Extra: Race for the Premier League title 0
- Report: Cardiff, Tan claim to have evidence against Palace in spy accusation 2
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move past Week 1 2