Dec 21, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Most Americans were affected by last week’s awful events in Newtown, Connecticut, but a few more than others.
Marcus Tracy was the 2008 Hermann Trophy winner (awarded to the nation’s topst college player), helping Wake Forest to an NCAA championship. He went the European route, signing with Aalborg in Denmark rather than accepting an MLS deal.
Injuries have tamped down a promising career, but he’s now in place at San Jose with a chance to reboot with the Earthquakes.
Meanwhile, as Steven Goff from the Washington Post reports, his thoughts are with the community where he grew up. His mother taught at Sandy Hook Elementary, and Tracy later graduated from Newtown High School.
Just another, small layer on the terrible events of a week back.
- Premier League Round 4: Goals of the week 0
- Hull City 2-2 West Ham United: Debut goals a-plenty in fun draw 0
- Americans Abroad wrap: Brek Shea assists in Birmingham debut (video) 0
- Champions League preview: How will the four Premier League teams get on? 0
- Watch live: Hull City vs. West Ham United (Lineups) 0
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United shine bright like a diamond 0