Dec 21, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Most Americans were affected by last week’s awful events in Newtown, Connecticut, but a few more than others.
Marcus Tracy was the 2008 Hermann Trophy winner (awarded to the nation’s topst college player), helping Wake Forest to an NCAA championship. He went the European route, signing with Aalborg in Denmark rather than accepting an MLS deal.
Injuries have tamped down a promising career, but he’s now in place at San Jose with a chance to reboot with the Earthquakes.
Meanwhile, as Steven Goff from the Washington Post reports, his thoughts are with the community where he grew up. His mother taught at Sandy Hook Elementary, and Tracy later graduated from Newtown High School.
Just another, small layer on the terrible events of a week back.
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1