Dec 21, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Sacha Kljestan’s teammate Cheikhou Kouyate turns 23. Good old Sacha is wondering why we chose to use a picture of him. The world works in mysterious ways, my friends.
See also: Argentinean ballet dancer Paloma Herrera. Don’t say we never tell you anything new.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
The apocalypse, obviously.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day:
Continuing with yesterday’s theme, Preston Zimmerman.
*Ahead on the blog today:
Assuming we are all still alive and kicking, Steve Davis will be providing some insightful commentary about the weekend ahead. There will be more MLS news, of course, although we don’t know what yet because if we did, we would be reporting it instead of typing. But let’s go ahead and predict a few new Generation Adidas signings, perhaps a senior or two into the mix, and the return of David Beckham. We’ll also play two truths and a lie, starting with that last sentence.
What you should watch on TV today:
Re-run of United States-Algeria. You know you have the game saved, just waiting to be watched.
Background noise while blogging today:
The sound of the Mayans celebrating a successful wool-pulling-over job.
We’ll leave you with this:
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Also, we’re excited the world didn’t end. That would have been a total bummer.
*Always subject to change; you know how it is
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 4
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0
- NBC to air all 10 Premier League games on final day in “Championship Sunday” extravaganza 4
- Minnesota Vikings “stepping up” bid for MLS franchise 9
- Manchester City the best paid team in sport, beat New York Yankees to accolade 4
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 6 1