Dec 23, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
Now this is what Chelsea striker Fernando Torres can do when he gets it right.
Just two minutes into Chelsea’s contest today against Aston Villa, Torres snapped home one of the best headers you’ll see this month.
The marking was certainly nothing special, as the Spanish international was unchallenged as he met a cross from right back Cesar Azpilicueta. Still, the distance measured, the power and the pinpoint precision as he wooshed the ball past American goalkeeper Brad Guzan made this one something special.
By the way, this little peach of a stat is courtesy of the BBC: Torres has 59 goals in 84 Premier League matches under manager Rafa Benitez. He has just 20 goals in 81 Premier League contests under five other managers.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1