Dec 23, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
Now this is what Chelsea striker Fernando Torres can do when he gets it right.
Just two minutes into Chelsea’s contest today against Aston Villa, Torres snapped home one of the best headers you’ll see this month.
The marking was certainly nothing special, as the Spanish international was unchallenged as he met a cross from right back Cesar Azpilicueta. Still, the distance measured, the power and the pinpoint precision as he wooshed the ball past American goalkeeper Brad Guzan made this one something special.
By the way, this little peach of a stat is courtesy of the BBC: Torres has 59 goals in 84 Premier League matches under manager Rafa Benitez. He has just 20 goals in 81 Premier League contests under five other managers.
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 0
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 3
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 1
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0
- Report: Spanish legend Raul signs with the New York Cosmos 0