Dec 23, 2012, 11:38 AM EDT
Now this is what Chelsea striker Fernando Torres can do when he gets it right.
Just two minutes into Chelsea’s contest today against Aston Villa, Torres snapped home one of the best headers you’ll see this month.
The marking was certainly nothing special, as the Spanish international was unchallenged as he met a cross from right back Cesar Azpilicueta. Still, the distance measured, the power and the pinpoint precision as he wooshed the ball past American goalkeeper Brad Guzan made this one something special.
By the way, this little peach of a stat is courtesy of the BBC: Torres has 59 goals in 84 Premier League matches under manager Rafa Benitez. He has just 20 goals in 81 Premier League contests under five other managers.
- Jozy Altidore the hero as the U.S. beats Honduras 1-0 1
- Can the United States deal with success vs. Honduras? 1
- Lineup prediction for U.S.-Honduras qualifier 2
- Big opportunity ahead as United States faces Honduras in World Cup qualifying action 1
- Huge cost of World Cups: Did we need a protest like Brazil’s to point out the obvious? 9
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public