Dec 24, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
What we’re thinking, what we’re watching, what’s coming on the blog today and the RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day). Setting up your day in soccer:
We’re enjoying time with our families, but we’ll have a few holiday surprises over on the blog over the next couple of days, including some of our favorite stories of 2012 and stories of our favorite all-time soccer-related Christmas presents.
We’ll have those later today.
Eddie Pope, one of the best defenders ever to come out of these United States, turns 39 on this Christmas Eve. The U.S. Soccer Hall of Famer is now director of player relations for the MLS Players Union.
Big Important Stories of the Day:
It’s a slooooow day. Not much going on, domestic league-wise, overseas-wise … as it should be.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day: Bora Milutinovic
What you should watch on TV today:
No lives games on TV today. Looks like that Christmas Story marathon for us all. That thing never get old.
Background noise while blogging/snoozing/traveling today:
Christmas carols, of course. I like more of the latter day stuff, myself, but to each his own.
We’ll leave you with this:
Seriously, did the referee really need to add more time onto yesterday’s romp-and-stomp at Stamford Bridge, with Chelsea already leading 7-0? Would anyone have complained if the man in the middle staunched the bleeding at 7? Sure enough, Chelsea hit No. 8 in stoppage time. Geeesch.
Oh, and Happy Holidays to all!
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 1
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3