Dec 26, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
We’ve sang the praises of Manchester City’s Official YouTube channel before, but let it never be forgotten that the content’s not exactly journalistic. And if gift wrapping contests and Mario Balotelli blooper reels weren’t enough to convince you of its pure promotional value, consider the following post-match interview with Joe Hart.
We talked about Hart’s performance here. The goal he allowed was ridiculous. A world class keeper can’t be so far out of position and slow to react to a shot from that distance.
With City going on to lose the game 1-0, Hart’s thoughts on the goal seem very germane. At least, I want to know what happened. Did he lose concentration? Was he screened? Was he distracted by thoughts of his favorite Peep Show episode or perhaps thought he’d spotting Liam Gallagher in the crowd?
Who knows what happened on that goal, and until somebody not affiliated with MCFC gets to ask him, we won’t find out.
Take 75 seconds of your life to listen for something that never comes:
To paraphrase the interview:
Q: On a positive note, Joe, this is a good interview because you’re answering questions.
Hart: Not really because you’re not asking about the goal.
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Champions League preview: Defending champion Bayern Munich looks to end Real Madrid quest for 10th title 0
- Alex Ferguson backed David Moyes’ firing, will help select a successor 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 7 0
- Five moments that defined Chelsea’s Champions League trip to Atlético Madrid 0
- Three things we learned from Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea 2