Dec 26, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
We’ve sang the praises of Manchester City’s Official YouTube channel before, but let it never be forgotten that the content’s not exactly journalistic. And if gift wrapping contests and Mario Balotelli blooper reels weren’t enough to convince you of its pure promotional value, consider the following post-match interview with Joe Hart.
We talked about Hart’s performance here. The goal he allowed was ridiculous. A world class keeper can’t be so far out of position and slow to react to a shot from that distance.
With City going on to lose the game 1-0, Hart’s thoughts on the goal seem very germane. At least, I want to know what happened. Did he lose concentration? Was he screened? Was he distracted by thoughts of his favorite Peep Show episode or perhaps thought he’d spotting Liam Gallagher in the crowd?
Who knows what happened on that goal, and until somebody not affiliated with MCFC gets to ask him, we won’t find out.
Take 75 seconds of your life to listen for something that never comes:
To paraphrase the interview:
Q: On a positive note, Joe, this is a good interview because you’re answering questions.
Hart: Not really because you’re not asking about the goal.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3