Dec 28, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Colorado Rapids forward Kamani Hill turns 27. The once-promising prospect has seen his fortunes turn after failing with VfL Wolfsburg and Vitoria Guimaraes, but he’s seen a bit of resurgence since returning to Major League Soccer in 2010. He scored five goals in 2012, although he only earned three starts. Hill, who played for United States youth levels and earned two senior team caps, might never return to the good old days, but being a 27-year-old professional athlete isn’t a bad life. Happy birthday.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day:
Cobi Jones. Always Cobi Jones.
Ahead on the blog today:
Steve Davis returns with some words of wisdom about the weekend to come and looks back on some 2012 trends. Plus, you never know but he might let you know how he plans to celebrate New Years. (Hint: Party time in Big D.)
Ryan Meara (@RMeara_18) December 27, 2012
My little sister and I being us! :) http://t.co/jj0JUmcM—
Zarek Valentin (@DubbZV) December 27, 2012
Background noise while blogging:
I don’t know, but it’s not going to be Christmas carols. I’ve had enough of those for quite some time.
We’ll leave you with this:
Happy New Year, everyone. I won’t be back until 2013. I know you’ll miss me. But hey, at least the apocalypse didn’t get us all.
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 2
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs
- The FIFA World Cup Trophy for the First Time in Sarajevo
- Despite Early Deficit, Revs Could've Climbed Back vs. Dynamo
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season