Dec 28, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Colorado Rapids forward Kamani Hill turns 27. The once-promising prospect has seen his fortunes turn after failing with VfL Wolfsburg and Vitoria Guimaraes, but he’s seen a bit of resurgence since returning to Major League Soccer in 2010. He scored five goals in 2012, although he only earned three starts. Hill, who played for United States youth levels and earned two senior team caps, might never return to the good old days, but being a 27-year-old professional athlete isn’t a bad life. Happy birthday.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day:
Cobi Jones. Always Cobi Jones.
Ahead on the blog today:
Steve Davis returns with some words of wisdom about the weekend to come and looks back on some 2012 trends. Plus, you never know but he might let you know how he plans to celebrate New Years. (Hint: Party time in Big D.)
Ryan Meara (@RMeara_18) December 27, 2012
My little sister and I being us! :) http://t.co/jj0JUmcM—
Zarek Valentin (@DubbZV) December 27, 2012
Background noise while blogging:
I don’t know, but it’s not going to be Christmas carols. I’ve had enough of those for quite some time.
We’ll leave you with this:
Happy New Year, everyone. I won’t be back until 2013. I know you’ll miss me. But hey, at least the apocalypse didn’t get us all.
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 1