Dec 28, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Colorado Rapids forward Kamani Hill turns 27. The once-promising prospect has seen his fortunes turn after failing with VfL Wolfsburg and Vitoria Guimaraes, but he’s seen a bit of resurgence since returning to Major League Soccer in 2010. He scored five goals in 2012, although he only earned three starts. Hill, who played for United States youth levels and earned two senior team caps, might never return to the good old days, but being a 27-year-old professional athlete isn’t a bad life. Happy birthday.
RASNoD (Random American Soccer Name of the Day:
Cobi Jones. Always Cobi Jones.
Ahead on the blog today:
Steve Davis returns with some words of wisdom about the weekend to come and looks back on some 2012 trends. Plus, you never know but he might let you know how he plans to celebrate New Years. (Hint: Party time in Big D.)
Ryan Meara (@RMeara_18) December 27, 2012
My little sister and I being us! :) http://t.co/jj0JUmcM—
Zarek Valentin (@DubbZV) December 27, 2012
Background noise while blogging:
I don’t know, but it’s not going to be Christmas carols. I’ve had enough of those for quite some time.
We’ll leave you with this:
Happy New Year, everyone. I won’t be back until 2013. I know you’ll miss me. But hey, at least the apocalypse didn’t get us all.
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 1
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"