Jan 1, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
I know all the “Best of” platters should have been left back in 2012 – but that’s more of a guideline than a rule, after all.
So I give you the best goal from a U.S. man in 2012. It was Jozy Altidore’s run for Alkmaar through the RKC Waalwijk defense back in September. The U.S. striker, who had an eventful year, to say the least, had a goal and an assist in a 3-3 draw that day.
By the way, when I picked this goal, I looked only at the aesthetics; there were absolutely more important goals scored by Clint Dempsey, Altidore, Chris Wondolowski and other U.S. men in 2012.
No, the Dutch Eredivisie is certainly not known for defense. And tackling looked like more of a suggestion than a requirement from the Waalwijk defense. (Maybe they save all the defending for October?)
At any rate, it was still a pretty nifty goal. Enjoy:
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 0
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 1
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 1
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Champions League preview: Defending champion Bayern Munich looks to end Real Madrid quest for 10th title 0