Jan 1, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
Normally, I’m not one to overly promote The Man. Google certainly is The Man these days. (One caveat: I have no problem promoting The NBC Man, who ultimately signs my paychecks. What can I say?)
But the Google Zeitgeist Review of 2012 is awesome stuff.
In the 60-second version I saw on a morning news show, the MLS Cup champion Los Angeles Galaxy gets a quick shot; it’s the crescendo moment of the team’s MLS Cup championship celebration, as arms go up, the trophy goes up, confetti goes up and the grandchild in coach Bruce Arena’s arm goes up in triumph, as well. Great shot, guys!
It’s not in the Google 2012 Review video version that goes two minutes and change (unless I’m just missing it). But I do see three direct references to soccer, not counting random soccer t-shirts or jerseys in the background. (And also not counting the Red Bull brand logo plastered prominently across Felix Baumgartner suit as he jumps from 24 miles above Earth.)
So … dig, if you will, this amazing series of pictures. And try to spot Spain’s European Championship celebration, Chelsea’s UEFA Champions League celebration and a very, very quick glimpse of Pele. That one is the toughie.
(And tell me if I missed any, pretty please.)
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3