Jan 3, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
There once was a young French boy who happened to own a strange URL. Namely, this precocious youth held the keys to zlatan.fr, which is basically gibberish unless there happened to be a world-renown footballer with the first name Zlatan.
Which, of course, there is.
In an inspired bit of genius, this young boy purchased the site when Zlatan Ibrahimovic signed with PSG. “I really didn’t want anyone wicked to take advantage of your name and image,” the youngster writes by way of explanation. “By the way, as you can see, I didn’t put any commercial link on that website… you can admit that I am a nice buddy. I could have made a fortune with such a domain name!”
He is now offering to give the website to Ibrahimovic if the Swedish maestro does one of 12 tasks, a “choice of weapons,” if you will.
A few favorites:
- offer me a dedicated PSG jersey, with my name on it and the following quote : “After Zlatan, you really are the best !”
- score a more-than-30-meter-backflip-goal in an official game. Just kidding… this is not realistic.
- let me slap you in the face, without saying a word… and in public obviously.
- offer a bare-chested dedicated photo of you to my girlfriend. Frankly, among all of those challenges, I have to confess it’s not my favorite. I’m getting fed up to see twinkles in her eyes when you take off your jersey at the end of a game.
I, for one, hope Ibrahimovic sees the site, laughs his big laugh, and takes the boy up on one of his offers. All in good fun.
Oct 19, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
The Dutch midfielder scored off two ridiculous strikes to lead Galatasary over rivals Fenerbahce.
Oct 19, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Sounders came from 2-0 down to steal a draw in Los Angeles at Landon Donovan’s final regular season home game.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Werder Bremen became the first team without a shot in a Bundesliga game as Bayern continues to cruise.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
The Argentinian forward is scoring goals at a blistering pace for Manchester City. Could he be the most lethal striker in Europe?
Oct 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Catch up on all of this weekend’s action from Spain and Italy’s top flights.
Oct 19, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
After an ugly 8-0 thrashing at Southampton, Vito Mannone said he will try to pay back fans who travelled to the game.
Oct 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The American international responded to Jurgen Klinsmann’s recent criticism of his return to the MLS.
Oct 19, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
The private nature of Mackay’s texts may help him steer clear of FA charges.
Oct 19, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Bale did not play in Real Madrid’s match against Levante while nursing a muscle injury.
Oct 19, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
12 players sent off, an ambulance called, and riot police on the field. That was the carnage from an ugly brawl in Argentinian soccer.
Oct 19, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
The Swansea manager was furious following a soft penalty given for a foul on Victor Moses, suggesting his club has been hard done by referees plenty this season.
Oct 19, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
Raheem Sterling faced criticism from the British media for his fitness, but he was also rumored to be wanted by Real Madrid. Ancelotti says don’t believe the rumors.
Oct 19, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
The QPR manager loved what he saw on the field at Loftus Road despite the loss. Off the field is a different story.
Oct 19, 2014, 12:53 PM EDT
Jonathan Walters scored the winner off the bench as Stoke City grabbed a much-needed three points.
Oct 19, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
Harry Redknapp was left flabbergasted after his side performed well but fell 3-2 after a bonkers last five minutes at Loftus Road.
Oct 19, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Rodgers, Gerrard know the Reds were fortunate to leave West London with all three points. But they’ll take it.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
Two teams who have dipped in form look to get back on track at the Britannia.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
Liverpool struggled through the first hour, but somehow earned the win in an absolutely wild finish.
Oct 19, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
QPR’s wasteful finishing, Balotelli’s struggles and much more from a superb encounter at Loftus Road.
Oct 19, 2014, 9:41 AM EDT
Borussia Dortmund have lost five of their opening eight matches, putting them in 14th.
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 0
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0
- Liverpool must improve, and they know it, despite late win at QPR 3
- VIDEO: QPR 2-3 Liverpool: Pair of own goals dooms QPR after insane final six minutes 1