Jan 3, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
There once was a young French boy who happened to own a strange URL. Namely, this precocious youth held the keys to zlatan.fr, which is basically gibberish unless there happened to be a world-renown footballer with the first name Zlatan.
Which, of course, there is.
In an inspired bit of genius, this young boy purchased the site when Zlatan Ibrahimovic signed with PSG. “I really didn’t want anyone wicked to take advantage of your name and image,” the youngster writes by way of explanation. “By the way, as you can see, I didn’t put any commercial link on that website… you can admit that I am a nice buddy. I could have made a fortune with such a domain name!”
He is now offering to give the website to Ibrahimovic if the Swedish maestro does one of 12 tasks, a “choice of weapons,” if you will.
A few favorites:
- offer me a dedicated PSG jersey, with my name on it and the following quote : “After Zlatan, you really are the best !”
- score a more-than-30-meter-backflip-goal in an official game. Just kidding… this is not realistic.
- let me slap you in the face, without saying a word… and in public obviously.
- offer a bare-chested dedicated photo of you to my girlfriend. Frankly, among all of those challenges, I have to confess it’s not my favorite. I’m getting fed up to see twinkles in her eyes when you take off your jersey at the end of a game.
I, for one, hope Ibrahimovic sees the site, laughs his big laugh, and takes the boy up on one of his offers. All in good fun.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:57 PM EST
Transfer deals that have been confirmed over the past day or so.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
Bayern Munich head man Pep Guardiola sees where his squad went wrong in its 4-1 defeat against Bundesliga opponent VfL Wolfsburg.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:48 PM EST
Roy Keane is at the forefront of trouble again.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:08 PM EST
Preview of a previously eye-catching match, Manchester City v. Leicester City, tomorrow morning on NBCSN.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:49 PM EST
The Men in Blazers are at it again.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
Danny Ings looks poised to stay at Burnley due to a certain transfer rule that would block his departure to Liverpool.
Jan 30, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
United States and Borussia Dortmund II’s Joe Gyau underwent another surgery on his torn meniscus, and he could be done for the season.
Jan 30, 2015, 5:20 PM EST
Real Madrid midfielder Gareth Bale will replace Cristiano Ronaldo as the current world’s best player will serve a two-match ban coming from last week’s tilt vs. Cordoba.
Jan 30, 2015, 4:35 PM EST
Preview of Hull City vs. Newcastle on NBCSN this Saturday morning.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Juan Agudelo is back with Major League Soccer’s New England Revolution, and amidst a few possible issues, there is no reason his addition cannot help guide Jay Heaps’ side to victorious ways in the East.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
Let’s take a gander at how things may’ve changed since JPW checked the needs earlier this month.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
Where and how to watch every PL game during Week 23, here.
Jan 30, 2015, 1:48 PM EST
If my math’s right, and it probably isn’t, close to 10 percent of the world’s population will watch Manchester City visit Chelsea on Saturday.
Jan 30, 2015, 1:06 PM EST
The Socceroos have received a single goal from nine other players in a bid to become the first hosts to win the Asian Cup since Japan in 1992.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:52 PM EST
Cameron talks about his love for the Pats, growing up in Boston and more in his latest dispatch from England.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:22 PM EST
PST’s Joe Prince-Wright and Mike Prindiville sit down to talk Lampard vs. Chelsea in this week’s PST Extra, with a little Diego Costa suspension talk as well.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:02 PM EST
PST’s Lead Writer and Editor predicts the winners and losers in Week 23.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:40 AM EST
There are big ones, and there are bigger ones… and this one’s a doozy.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:54 AM EST
There’s quite a bit of saccharine in this perfect PR story, but it’s a cool tale nonetheless.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:19 AM EST
“We have more 49ers season ticket holders in Sacramento than we do in San Francisco,” the 49ers CEO said
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3