Jan 6, 2013, 9:25 AM EST
Truly, I cannot remember an MLS off-season of such complete turnover for a team that did, after all, make the playoffs.
Saturday’s trade of Joel Lindpere means that five significant roster pieces from the end of last season are no longer with the team. The likely possibility that Wilman Conde will soon be released or traded will make that a sold half-dozen. (And that doesn’t include Dane Richards and Mehdi Ballouchy, former significant attackers that were traded away last summer.)
Plus, of course, the team remains on the hunt for a head coach. More on that, and where the search has apparently gone, is here.
Updating the Red Bull roster makeover:
- Head coach Hans Backe, gone
- Troublemaking DP Rafa Marquez, gone
- Midfielder Teemu Tainio, gone
- Defender/midfielder Jan Gunnar Solli, gone
- Fan favorite forward (well, fan fav in some places) Sebastien Le Toux, traded
- Forward Fabian Espindola, acquired
- Center back Jamison Olave, acquired
- Former Lyon playmaker Juninho Pernambucano, acquired
- Midfielder Joel Lindpere, traded to Chicago
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (15)
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit