Jan 7, 2013, 11:16 AM EDT
For those who expected Chelsea and England international midfielder Frank Lampard to dominate a certain percentage of the transfer window intrigue, you have surely not been disappointed.
A week ago: Lampard is definitely going!
Yesterday: Lampard appears to be staying!
Today … yup. He’s going, for sure. Although perhaps not until this summer.
The stories out of England today report that Lampard’s agent says he will absolutely not be offered a new contract that would extend his long stay at Stamford Bridge.
What agent Steve Kutner told The Guardian in England:
Chelsea executives told Frank in Japan during the Club World Cup, then again reconfirmed with me after the Everton victory [both in December], that in no circumstances will he be offered a new contract to stay at the club after the end of this season. Nothing since has changed in any respect. Frank has had to accept that and just wants to carry on playing football for Chelsea so as to finish the season as successfully as possible for the club that he loves.”
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Hull City 0-0 Manchester United: Tigers go down after squandering chances 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0