Twitter gold: Toronto FC, Ryan Nelsen, Kevin Payne and a club that finally, completely jumped the shark
Jan 8, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
Toronto has a new manager, Ryan Nelsen. But Nelsen won’t manage just yet. I mean, the man is busy!
The (only semi-serious) timeline of TFC’s half-baked coaching maneuvers can be found here.
Meanwhile, Twitter was invented for this very thing, and business is a’booming! The snark began to flow within minutes of the odd news this morning that Nelsen would wait to begin his days in charge at BMO Field.
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 2
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- England’s top four: Games that matter in the English Premier League’s last round 0
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago