Jan 9, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Major League Soccer will unveil its schedule today, the whens and where for each teams’ 34-game schedule. MLS says it will be released at noon ET.
Home openers were announced two weeks ago for each club.
Meanwhile, details are trickling out for individual clubs’ preseason plans.
The Columbus Crew (pictured in preseason a year ago) was among the first to reveal its plans back on Dec. 21. Crew players report on Jan. 17, the same day as the MLS Draft. The bulk of their training will be in Florida.
The Chicago Fire player report a day later, then depart shortly for their annual middle-of-nowhere sequester in Ave Maria, Fla.
The Sounders begin a few days later, on Jan. 21. Their schedule shows them mostly in Arizona.
Neither of the big boys of MLS, New York or Los Angeles, has announced details, although we know the Red Bulls will be in the Desert Diamond Cup in Tucson in mid-February, along with New England Revolution, Real Salt Lake and Seattle.
Before that, Portland, Colorado, Sporting Kansas City, Colorado, Supporters Shield winner San Jose and the MLS Cup runner-up Houston Dynamo will take part in a series of friendlies at the same complex in Tucson beginning Jan. 29.
D.C. United gathers in Washington on Jan. 17, but the bulk of its training will be in Florida.
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 4
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0