Jan 10, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
What are you doing on July 31, 2013? Nothing? Perfect. How do you feel about a trip to Kansas City for the Major League Soccer All-Star game?
For the 10th time, the league’s annual showcase will feature the MLS All-Stars against an international team TBD. MLS squads are 6-2-1 in those matches. Last year, Eddie Johnson scored a goal near the death to give the All Stars a 3-2 victory over Chelsea. Ben Olson coached a heck of a match.
Why Livestrong Sporting Park? Well, here are a few reasons courtesy of an MLS press release:
Since opening in June of 2011, LIVESTRONG Sporting Park has hosted Sporting Kansas City’s full home schedule — selling out 17 of the 18 MLS games in 2012 — the 2012 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Championship, the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, the 2012 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying semifinals and championship, both the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams and international friendlies, as well as concerts such as FarmAid and Journey.
We’re excited. The real question: Will SKC become the fourth team to host the ASG and MLS Cup in the same season?
- Halftime, MLS Cup Playoffs: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders in 0-0 Western Conference Championship stalemate 0
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 3
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 2
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1