Jan 10, 2013, 10:19 AM EST
The people we will thank, in no certain order, for pointing us to this one:
- NBC teammate Arlo White.
- The clevers at MLSSoccer.com, who apparently tipped Arlo to the goal.
- The coach of this bunch of talented children in Greece, who clearly has encouraged the lads to be calm on the ball, even in the back … and not just to hoof it forward willy-nilly.
It’s a longer version, in my mind, of the famous Dutch goal in the 1974 World Cup final, where they scored before Germany every touched the ball.*
*And that is connection enough to satisfy the “pro” element of ProSoccerTalk.
- Pick just three?!? FIFPro World XI midfielder shortlist is Juve-heavy, really good 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 2
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4