Jan 10, 2013, 10:19 AM EST
The people we will thank, in no certain order, for pointing us to this one:
- NBC teammate Arlo White.
- The clevers at MLSSoccer.com, who apparently tipped Arlo to the goal.
- The coach of this bunch of talented children in Greece, who clearly has encouraged the lads to be calm on the ball, even in the back … and not just to hoof it forward willy-nilly.
It’s a longer version, in my mind, of the famous Dutch goal in the 1974 World Cup final, where they scored before Germany every touched the ball.*
*And that is connection enough to satisfy the “pro” element of ProSoccerTalk.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1