Jan 10, 2013, 10:19 AM EDT
The people we will thank, in no certain order, for pointing us to this one:
- NBC teammate Arlo White.
- The clevers at MLSSoccer.com, who apparently tipped Arlo to the goal.
- The coach of this bunch of talented children in Greece, who clearly has encouraged the lads to be calm on the ball, even in the back … and not just to hoof it forward willy-nilly.
It’s a longer version, in my mind, of the famous Dutch goal in the 1974 World Cup final, where they scored before Germany every touched the ball.*
*And that is connection enough to satisfy the “pro” element of ProSoccerTalk.
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs