Jan 10, 2013, 10:19 AM EDT
The people we will thank, in no certain order, for pointing us to this one:
- NBC teammate Arlo White.
- The clevers at MLSSoccer.com, who apparently tipped Arlo to the goal.
- The coach of this bunch of talented children in Greece, who clearly has encouraged the lads to be calm on the ball, even in the back … and not just to hoof it forward willy-nilly.
It’s a longer version, in my mind, of the famous Dutch goal in the 1974 World Cup final, where they scored before Germany every touched the ball.*
*And that is connection enough to satisfy the “pro” element of ProSoccerTalk.
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 1
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 1
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even (video) 2
- Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace: Toffees’ top four hopes take huge hit 6
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 12
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0