Jan 10, 2013, 6:15 PM EST
Steve has the news that Stuart Holden could return to the Bolton first team line up in the next week, which would be excellent for the midfielder who’s been out for more than 18 months.
And you know what? After watching the clip below, I’m inclined to think he might be ready as well. Obviously, it’s hard — if not impossible — to tell anything from a few bits of warm up and game action, but you have to say he looks smooth and fit.
Coming back from a serious injury is as much mental as it is physical. A player has to learn to trust his legs again, especially the joints and tendons that failed before. Holden, it would seem, is at that point of believing he can get back to action. Only he and the training staff will know the physical reaction to his 65 minutes, but early signs look good as well.
All signs point toward seeing Holden on a Championship field near you sooner rather than later. And that’s good news. It’s been far too long.
(Another thing that struck me: There’s so much talk in these games. Are MLS games that loud? Maybe you can’t hear normally because of the fan noise, but I was impressed with the level of chatter.)
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3