Jan 10, 2013, 6:15 PM EST
Steve has the news that Stuart Holden could return to the Bolton first team line up in the next week, which would be excellent for the midfielder who’s been out for more than 18 months.
And you know what? After watching the clip below, I’m inclined to think he might be ready as well. Obviously, it’s hard — if not impossible — to tell anything from a few bits of warm up and game action, but you have to say he looks smooth and fit.
Coming back from a serious injury is as much mental as it is physical. A player has to learn to trust his legs again, especially the joints and tendons that failed before. Holden, it would seem, is at that point of believing he can get back to action. Only he and the training staff will know the physical reaction to his 65 minutes, but early signs look good as well.
All signs point toward seeing Holden on a Championship field near you sooner rather than later. And that’s good news. It’s been far too long.
(Another thing that struck me: There’s so much talk in these games. Are MLS games that loud? Maybe you can’t hear normally because of the fan noise, but I was impressed with the level of chatter.)
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0