Jan 11, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
When Geoff Cameron left for Stoke City last summer, it seemed he was also leaving Houston a little worse off along the back line.
But Jermaine Taylor partnered wonderfully over the next few months with Bobby Boswell, and Houston seemed to be OK after all.
When Taylor got hurt in the playoffs, it seemed that Houston’s back line simply could not be as strong.
But Andre Hainault showed us just how deep Houston’s back line had been all along, because the Canadian international stepped in and partnered just as smoothly with Boswell.
Hainault came in for the injured Taylor in the second half of Houston’s playoff win in Houston over Sporting Kansas City, and then started the next two Dynamo matches as Dominic Kinnear’s team advanced toward MLS Cup 2012.
Today the Dynamo “D” may not look as deep, because Hainault, who was out of contract in MLS, has signed with Ross County of the Scottish Premier League.
But … the Dynamo seemed be to ready for his departure, having recently traded for Portland Eric Brunner, who has started 84 games for Portland and Columbus over the past four years.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0