Jan 11, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
When Geoff Cameron left for Stoke City last summer, it seemed he was also leaving Houston a little worse off along the back line.
But Jermaine Taylor partnered wonderfully over the next few months with Bobby Boswell, and Houston seemed to be OK after all.
When Taylor got hurt in the playoffs, it seemed that Houston’s back line simply could not be as strong.
But Andre Hainault showed us just how deep Houston’s back line had been all along, because the Canadian international stepped in and partnered just as smoothly with Boswell.
Hainault came in for the injured Taylor in the second half of Houston’s playoff win in Houston over Sporting Kansas City, and then started the next two Dynamo matches as Dominic Kinnear’s team advanced toward MLS Cup 2012.
Today the Dynamo “D” may not look as deep, because Hainault, who was out of contract in MLS, has signed with Ross County of the Scottish Premier League.
But … the Dynamo seemed be to ready for his departure, having recently traded for Portland Eric Brunner, who has started 84 games for Portland and Columbus over the past four years.
- Week 8 Preview: Playoff rematches in Seattle, New England; new tests for D.C., New York 0
- Schmid takes needed kick at Open Cup-Champions League hornet’s nest 6
- Weekend off gives Toronto a chance to get Michael Bradley right 2
- Home teams take leads in first legs of Europa League semifinals 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Two way tussle for top spot – Week 35 0
- Premier League Scenarios: Title Chase, Race for Europe and Relegation 2