Jan 11, 2013, 10:21 AM EDT
Is there anything that isn’t going right for Sporting Kansas City at the moment?
Just yesterday, SKC’s Livestrong Sporting Park was awarded the 2013 MLS All-Star game.
That was a day after our little blog assigned one of the United States’ upcoming World Cup qualifiers to the swell facility about 20 minutes outside downtown Kansas City. Pay no attention to the fact that we don’t exactly have assigning power on this matter; Livestrong Sporting Park has a very good chance of landing one of the final round qualifying contests.
And now it seems that Sporting Kansas City, last year’s Eastern Conference regular season champ, is close to signing a shirt sponsor deal.
SKC CEO Robb Heineman told the Kansas City Business Journal the club is closing in on the deal, which would be a first for the club.
I don’t know an exact date but all signs are looking in the right direction. I want it more than anybody, so I feel we’ll get it done here relatively quickly.”
By the way, Heineman indicated in the same Kansas City Business Journal report that his club remains in study mode on this unpleasant business of how to handle its facility naming rights holder Livestrong. So, I suppose that is one thing that isn’t going 100 percent SKC’s way.
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 0
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 5
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 3
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 3
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4