Jan 15, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
Andrew Farrell may not be the first pick in Thursday’s MLS draft, but unless pretty much everyone is wrong (I mean, we are talking Hall of Fame of Wrongness here) about the University of Louisville man, he’ll be among the first called, at very least.
So here’s your chance to get ahead of the crowd and know a little more than the next fellow about Farrell, who was born in the States and went to college in the States, but developed his substantial base of soccer skills as a boy growing up in Peru. His parents were Presbyterian missionaries; he moved there at age 5.
Farrell tells you in the video below about moving around on the field while at Louisville, sometimes playing in the midfield, sometimes at right back and then at center back, where he’s most likely to earn his MLS paycheck.
Most of the MLS Mock Drafts (like this one, and this one and this one) have Farrell going straight away. Toronto FC presently has two chances, owners of the first and third picks and clear in the knowledge that Chivas USA, choosing second, are leaning other directions.
Here’s the “Getting to know … ” video from MLSSoccer.com.
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 1
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 3
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire