Jan 15, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
Andrew Farrell may not be the first pick in Thursday’s MLS draft, but unless pretty much everyone is wrong (I mean, we are talking Hall of Fame of Wrongness here) about the University of Louisville man, he’ll be among the first called, at very least.
So here’s your chance to get ahead of the crowd and know a little more than the next fellow about Farrell, who was born in the States and went to college in the States, but developed his substantial base of soccer skills as a boy growing up in Peru. His parents were Presbyterian missionaries; he moved there at age 5.
Farrell tells you in the video below about moving around on the field while at Louisville, sometimes playing in the midfield, sometimes at right back and then at center back, where he’s most likely to earn his MLS paycheck.
Most of the MLS Mock Drafts (like this one, and this one and this one) have Farrell going straight away. Toronto FC presently has two chances, owners of the first and third picks and clear in the knowledge that Chivas USA, choosing second, are leaning other directions.
Here’s the “Getting to know … ” video from MLSSoccer.com.
- Report: Ajax accepts $23 mil Daley Blind bid from Manchester United 0
- Watch Live: Burnley vs. Manchester United (Lineups) 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 3 0
- Chelsea confirms two-year AC Milan loan for striker Fernando Torres 5
- US men to face Honduras in October; USWNT name roster for Mexico 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 3 1