Jan 15, 2013, 5:51 PM EST
Andrew Farrell may not be the first pick in Thursday’s MLS draft, but unless pretty much everyone is wrong (I mean, we are talking Hall of Fame of Wrongness here) about the University of Louisville man, he’ll be among the first called, at very least.
So here’s your chance to get ahead of the crowd and know a little more than the next fellow about Farrell, who was born in the States and went to college in the States, but developed his substantial base of soccer skills as a boy growing up in Peru. His parents were Presbyterian missionaries; he moved there at age 5.
Farrell tells you in the video below about moving around on the field while at Louisville, sometimes playing in the midfield, sometimes at right back and then at center back, where he’s most likely to earn his MLS paycheck.
Most of the MLS Mock Drafts (like this one, and this one and this one) have Farrell going straight away. Toronto FC presently has two chances, owners of the first and third picks and clear in the knowledge that Chivas USA, choosing second, are leaning other directions.
Here’s the “Getting to know … ” video from MLSSoccer.com.
- UEFA Champions League Preview: Manchester United, Bayern Munich look to finish group stage on top 0
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 4
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014