Jan 17, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
If the LA Galaxy gets off to a slow start this year, it probably won’t be Robbie Keane’s fault.
The Galaxy striker, who finished 2012 as such an effective force, driving the defending champions’ late regular season push and then maintaining momentum through the playoffs, clearly wants to keep the pace as 2013 begins.
He’s been training lately with Spurs in London, staying fit and sharp in advance of the Galaxy’s preseason, which gets going later this week.
The Galaxy (in addition to other MLS clubs involved in CONCACAF Champions League, Houston and Seattle) cannot afford a slow start once the games begin in March. They can deal with a slightly sluggish launch to the MLS season, which kicks on March 2, but they need to be galloping at full pace as those CCL quarterfinals get going just a few days later.
Otherwise, that’s going to be a short and painful ride. The Galaxy was eliminated in this round last year, remember.
Here, from Tottenham, is Keane talking about his training with the London club.
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 2
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 3
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 1
- VIDEO: PST Extra – What should we expect from the Premier League’s promoted three? 0