Jan 17, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
If the LA Galaxy gets off to a slow start this year, it probably won’t be Robbie Keane’s fault.
The Galaxy striker, who finished 2012 as such an effective force, driving the defending champions’ late regular season push and then maintaining momentum through the playoffs, clearly wants to keep the pace as 2013 begins.
He’s been training lately with Spurs in London, staying fit and sharp in advance of the Galaxy’s preseason, which gets going later this week.
The Galaxy (in addition to other MLS clubs involved in CONCACAF Champions League, Houston and Seattle) cannot afford a slow start once the games begin in March. They can deal with a slightly sluggish launch to the MLS season, which kicks on March 2, but they need to be galloping at full pace as those CCL quarterfinals get going just a few days later.
Otherwise, that’s going to be a short and painful ride. The Galaxy was eliminated in this round last year, remember.
Here, from Tottenham, is Keane talking about his training with the London club.
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 1
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0