Jan 19, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT
The news today on Brek Shea’s impending move to Stoke City puts just a little different slant on things.
Stoke City manager Tony Pulis has confirmed to the local newspaper that the FC Dallas and U.S. international winger will indeed be coming to England next week, and that the Potters are quite interested.
But the way he puts it … Well, you judge for yourself if they are completely sold:
There’s a lad coming over, Brek Shea, and we are going to have a look at him. … He was touted as a very good player who’s played for the national team and he’s coming over for a week so we can take a look at him.”
Best guess here: Pulis knows there is some injury concern over the FCD lefty and wants to slow his roll a little, not get everyone worked up over something that still has some obstacles to clear before it crosses the finish line at The Brittania.
By the way, there is some about the transfer price, originally reported at $3.5 by ESPN’s Taylor Twellman, who broke the news late Friday via Twitter. Now, Sky Sports says the amount may be closer to $4.75 million.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 2
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0