Jan 24, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
Shalrie Joseph is 34. He’s no longer the hustling, bustling midfield enforcement arm that we knew from all those years in New England, where he commanded the center of the park as well as anyone in Major League Soccer.
But the man’s not canned Spam, either!
Joseph could still add some value to a club, perhaps in a slightly different role, and perhaps even at a slightly reduced salary hit.
Frankly, a lot of teams could use the bite he brings to match day and the added edge he can provide in daily training sessions.
There may be a club that takes advantage of whatever rocket fuel Joseph still has left in the tank, but we know this today: it will not be Chivas USA, where the four-time MLS Best XI is currently employed – although tenuously so.
That’s what new manager José Luis “Chelís” Sánchez Solá told MLSsoccer.com on Wednesday:
Management knows he’s not in my plans. Hopefully he’ll be able to play with another team.”
Chelis revealed that Joseph is not in training camp, and it doesn’t sound like he will be reporting anytime soon.
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 1
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 2
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0