Jan 25, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Don’t we take for granted that some things are going to last forever? The building in Los Angeles where they play soccer … that’s the Home Depot Center, right?
Always has been. The handle fits so well because … well, because that place has never been anything else.
Meanwhile, in the bigger picture, there’s an awful lot of high-level coming and going in MLS at the moment. Livestrong Sporting Park just changed its stadium naming rights deal – although we all know what that’s about.
Not long ago, Galaxy owner Phil Anschutz announced he was selling off AEG and his stake in the Galaxy.
And now this: The Home Depot Center will soon be known as something else. The Associated Press has reported that the Galaxy and Home Depot would not renew their agreement.
The deal was worth $70 million over 10 years. Seeing as the Galaxy has become a more star-blessed and valuable property in that time, and seeing as how Major League Soccer has become a far, far more attractive property, Galaxy officials shouldn’t find it too difficult to replace that income.
- USA can theoretically clinch a World Cup berth in next round 0
- Graham Zusi keeps making it harder for Landon Donovan to get back into U.S. national team 8
- 2013/2014 Premier League fixtures released 1
- United States player ratings vs. Honduras 2
- What we learned from the U.S. World Cup qualifier win over Honduras 6
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public