Jan 25, 2013, 3:20 PM EST
Today’s news on West London’s naughty boy of the moment is fairly straightforward. But this being the odd duck of a story that it is, there is no shortage of new talking points.
Let’s dive right in:
- Chelsea’s Belgian international already faced a three-game red card ban. Being officially charged by the FA, as he was on Friday afternoon, the governing body citing “insufficient” punishment for the offense, cannot be good news around Stamford Bridge.
- Never mind that it’s (mostly) beside the point, I anticipate a fresh round of “The ball boy deserved it” to unfold in 3 … 2… 1…
- Hazard has until Tuesday at close of business in England to appeal.
- We had two notorious incidents of MLS men being jerks to ball boys in 2012. Now we’ve just broken the seal on a fresh, new year and already a ball boy incident! Seriously, guys, leave the doggone ball boys alone!
- In fact, what say every club, everywhere, put up signs around the training ground: “Step away from the ball boys! Immediately. No one has to get hurt here!”
- To review the above-mentioned episodes of “What where they thinking?,” please click here for Marc Burch, or here for Colin Clark.
- As some of you have already pointed out, for a nice, balanced look at this whole silly bit of the slightly surreal, laced with the appropriate sense of whimsy, may we suggest Daniel Taylor’s bit from the Guardian. It has a Basil Fawlty reference. If ever a story deserved a Fawlty Towers* reference, by gosh, this one is it.
*Best show on TV. Ever.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
A Carlos Vela hat trick helped the ex-Manchester United manager earn his first win in La Liga.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Loius van Gaal’s side received a huge boost with the news of the return of injured stars Radamel Falcao and Maros Rojo.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
With Bradley Wright-Phillips out due to yellow card accumulation, it could be up to Tim Cahill to produce for New York.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
Cristiano Ronaldo’s club was upset after the UEFA president said he believed a world champion should win the Ballon d’Or.
Nov 28, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
According to Gary Neville, there may soon be a changing of the guards for best goalkeeper in the world.
Nov 28, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
No team has been hit harder by injuries than Arsenal, who will look to bolster their squad during the January transfer window.
Nov 28, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Tottenham’s Europa League match against Partizan Belgrade was briefly suspended after multiple fans stormed the pitch.
Nov 28, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Sunderland face a daunting task as they host a Chelsea side that hasn’t lost since a friendly on August 3rd.
Nov 28, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Cameron talks turkey, playing at one of his favorite stadiums, sickness bugs and more in his first piece for PST.
Nov 28, 2014, 3:07 PM EST
LVG is bringing managerial swagger back to Old Trafford.
Nov 28, 2014, 2:13 PM EST
It’s no surprise that the Liverpool manager is feeling the heat after the Reds 12th place start.
Nov 28, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Here’s how PST’s lead writer and editor sees things panning out this weekend.
Nov 28, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
It’s a vibrant and informative take on the big following in Seattle, one that even Sounders haters can respect for its size, dedication and creativity.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
Top Four and Bottom Three match-ups take the battle for Premier League places to a different level this weekend.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Where and how to watch all the PL games during Week 13.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:52 AM EST
Hull City is looking for a historic win when they visit surging Manchester United on Saturday.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
We pick three clubs in three countries that could be a landing spot for the out-of-favor Sunderland striker in the January transfer window.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
The Baggies are coming off losses to Chelsea and Newcastle, and are four points back of eighth place Arsenal. The NBCSN match kicks at 745am ET.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
Spain (4) and Germany (3) are the only nations with multiple members.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:35 AM EST
Manchester United’s legendary midfielder will stay in his assistant coach role for Ireland, spend more time with his family.
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0