Jan 31, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
And the last bit of transfer news (we hope; we are exhausted) is that Simon Dawkins is leaving the friendly confines of Buck Shaw Stadium for the English Premier League.
He’ll suit up with Eric Lichaj, Brad Guzan, and the rest of Aston Villa. Cool.
“I’m really focused on what I need to do for the rest of this season & looking forward to training with my new team-mates,” he said, although the Villa faithful wish their management brought them more at the deadline.
Villa, which currently sits in 19th and is not good, will likely go down at the end of the season. At that time, Dawkins could come back to the Earthquakes. He is currently owned by Tottenham Hotspurs.
Did you say Simon Dawkins highlight reel?
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes