Jan 31, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
And the last bit of transfer news (we hope; we are exhausted) is that Simon Dawkins is leaving the friendly confines of Buck Shaw Stadium for the English Premier League.
He’ll suit up with Eric Lichaj, Brad Guzan, and the rest of Aston Villa. Cool.
“I’m really focused on what I need to do for the rest of this season & looking forward to training with my new team-mates,” he said, although the Villa faithful wish their management brought them more at the deadline.
Villa, which currently sits in 19th and is not good, will likely go down at the end of the season. At that time, Dawkins could come back to the Earthquakes. He is currently owned by Tottenham Hotspurs.
Did you say Simon Dawkins highlight reel?
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4