Feb 1, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
Practices around Major League Soccer’s championship team are starting to look a little more like a champions’ practice.
Just yesterday, three central figures of the Galaxy’s two consecutive MLS Cup triumphs were back on the Home Depot Center training field.
Robbie Keane (pictured) rejoined the team after extended off-season training with Tottenham in London. Meanwhile, Omar Gonzalez and A.J. DeLaGarza were back into Galaxy training after spending the last few weeks with Jurgen Klinsmann’s U.S. national team.
How much longer might Gonzalez (and even perhaps DeLaGarza) remain with the Galaxy? Hard to say, although we’ll know more on Sunday as Klinsmann names his roster for the Feb. 6 trip into Honduras to begin final round World Cup qualifying.
Still missing around the Galaxy sessions is Landon Donovan, who is apparently coming back for 2013. When? Well, that remains a very good question.
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0