Feb 1, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
Practices around Major League Soccer’s championship team are starting to look a little more like a champions’ practice.
Just yesterday, three central figures of the Galaxy’s two consecutive MLS Cup triumphs were back on the Home Depot Center training field.
Robbie Keane (pictured) rejoined the team after extended off-season training with Tottenham in London. Meanwhile, Omar Gonzalez and A.J. DeLaGarza were back into Galaxy training after spending the last few weeks with Jurgen Klinsmann’s U.S. national team.
How much longer might Gonzalez (and even perhaps DeLaGarza) remain with the Galaxy? Hard to say, although we’ll know more on Sunday as Klinsmann names his roster for the Feb. 6 trip into Honduras to begin final round World Cup qualifying.
Still missing around the Galaxy sessions is Landon Donovan, who is apparently coming back for 2013. When? Well, that remains a very good question.
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 0
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 0
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even 1
- Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace: Toffees’ top four hopes take huge hit 4
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 9
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0