Feb 1, 2013, 8:25 AM EDT
Witness, once again, the embarrassment of riches available to reigning World Cup and European champion Spain.
Spanish manager Vicente del Bosque on Friday announced his roster for next week’s friendly against Uruguay. Most of the usual suspects fill out the list, including Adres Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Cesc Fabregas, David Villa, David Silva … we could go on.
But not on the list is Fernando Torres or Michu, who is having such a sensational season this year for Swansea City.
Michu has been among the gems of last summer’s transfer window, arriving into the Premier League club from Rayo Vallecano for $3.2 million. He’s been a little cooler lately, but still sits fourth in EPL scoring with 13 goals this year.
Chelsea’s Torres has seven goals this season.
The entire Spain squad for Tuesday’s friendly in Doha is here.
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- What a photo: Lazio plays to near-empty Stadio Olimpico as fans protest club president 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear