Feb 1, 2013, 8:25 AM EDT
Witness, once again, the embarrassment of riches available to reigning World Cup and European champion Spain.
Spanish manager Vicente del Bosque on Friday announced his roster for next week’s friendly against Uruguay. Most of the usual suspects fill out the list, including Adres Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Cesc Fabregas, David Villa, David Silva … we could go on.
But not on the list is Fernando Torres or Michu, who is having such a sensational season this year for Swansea City.
Michu has been among the gems of last summer’s transfer window, arriving into the Premier League club from Rayo Vallecano for $3.2 million. He’s been a little cooler lately, but still sits fourth in EPL scoring with 13 goals this year.
Chelsea’s Torres has seven goals this season.
The entire Spain squad for Tuesday’s friendly in Doha is here.
- What we learned from Tuesday’s U.S. win over Panama (19)
- Which U.S. men have locked up World Cup roster spots? (16)
- Three huge positives to take from USA’s convincing win over Panama (15)
- Broadcast of U.S. v. Panama was second highest audience for World Cup Qualifier (14)
- Marseille’s hideous away kit one of the worst of all time (14)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Police clash with protesters in Brazil
- Play Video: Highlights: Sounders win in final minutes
- Play Video: Highlights: Revolution dismantle Galaxy
- Play Video: What does New York FC have to do to succeed?
- Play Video: The Hype: Bending the screen like Beckham
- Play Video: Galaxy's Rogers talks about coming out to the public