Feb 1, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
How outstanding was Julio César for Queens Park Rangers in January?
The Brazilian not only lifted hopes that QPR could possibly avoid relegation, but his stunning performances for Harry Redknapp’s crew stirred a late blossom of transfer interest and speculation around Loftus Road.
Just two days back, the former Inter Milan ‘keeper was the difference in QPR’s scoreless draw with Manchester City, contributing world-class saves at the end of each half to preserve the draw at Loftus Road.
Cesar was always in the starry mix as Queen’s Park Rangers took points off Chelsea, Tottenham and now Roberto Mancini’s Manchester City in recent weeks. Yes, QPR retain that bottom-of-the-table status, but Wigan, Reading and Aston Villa are certainly a little more nervous than a month ago about the London Club’s ability to claw forward.
He certainly impressed our friends at Kick TV, who made the 33-year-old their first Player of the Month, out-distancing a certain, fleet Argentine who plays famously at the Nou Camp.
- Top seven moments that defined Chelsea’s championship season 0
- Chelsea crowned Premier League champions in record fashion 0
- Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace: Hazard goal fittingly clinches Premier League title (video) 0
- MLS roundup: Revs, D.C. United rule the East; Timbers, Whitecaps split points 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 2-0 Columbus Crew SC 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Chelsea chases coronation clincher, Spurs host Man City 0