Feb 1, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
How outstanding was Julio César for Queens Park Rangers in January?
The Brazilian not only lifted hopes that QPR could possibly avoid relegation, but his stunning performances for Harry Redknapp’s crew stirred a late blossom of transfer interest and speculation around Loftus Road.
Just two days back, the former Inter Milan ‘keeper was the difference in QPR’s scoreless draw with Manchester City, contributing world-class saves at the end of each half to preserve the draw at Loftus Road.
Cesar was always in the starry mix as Queen’s Park Rangers took points off Chelsea, Tottenham and now Roberto Mancini’s Manchester City in recent weeks. Yes, QPR retain that bottom-of-the-table status, but Wigan, Reading and Aston Villa are certainly a little more nervous than a month ago about the London Club’s ability to claw forward.
He certainly impressed our friends at Kick TV, who made the 33-year-old their first Player of the Month, out-distancing a certain, fleet Argentine who plays famously at the Nou Camp.
- Alan Pardew handed hefty ban, fined for headbutt 1
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 1
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Sporting KC's Television Network Expands
- American Investment Firm Buying Up Man United Stock
- Earthquakes vs. Toluca: CONCACAF Champions League
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire Benfica Midfielder Yannick Djalo
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers