Feb 3, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
I mean, how great is Clint Dempsey?
In 2012 the man seriously took it to another level, establishing himself as a genuine Premier League force, a high-value transfer target and the most important U.S. national team attacker. (Sorry, Landon Donovan … but we don’t even know if you’re still playing, man!)
And this year, Dempsey is adding even more responsibility, apparently. He’s becoming something of an American cultural decoder, explaining to the good men and women of England about the unique cultural phenomenon known as the Super Bowl.
Here, from Tottenham’s Spurs TV Online, Dempsey explains about the social aspect of it all. And he reveals which team he supports in American football. (Hint: they aren’t playing today.)
And just for hoots (and because I happened to discover the clip looking through the Spurs TV Online archives) here’s former U.S. international Brad Friedel demonstrating his made soccer-tennis skills.
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1