Feb 3, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
I mean, how great is Clint Dempsey?
In 2012 the man seriously took it to another level, establishing himself as a genuine Premier League force, a high-value transfer target and the most important U.S. national team attacker. (Sorry, Landon Donovan … but we don’t even know if you’re still playing, man!)
And this year, Dempsey is adding even more responsibility, apparently. He’s becoming something of an American cultural decoder, explaining to the good men and women of England about the unique cultural phenomenon known as the Super Bowl.
Here, from Tottenham’s Spurs TV Online, Dempsey explains about the social aspect of it all. And he reveals which team he supports in American football. (Hint: they aren’t playing today.)
And just for hoots (and because I happened to discover the clip looking through the Spurs TV Online archives) here’s former U.S. international Brad Friedel demonstrating his made soccer-tennis skills.
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 5
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0