Feb 3, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
I mean, how great is Clint Dempsey?
In 2012 the man seriously took it to another level, establishing himself as a genuine Premier League force, a high-value transfer target and the most important U.S. national team attacker. (Sorry, Landon Donovan … but we don’t even know if you’re still playing, man!)
And this year, Dempsey is adding even more responsibility, apparently. He’s becoming something of an American cultural decoder, explaining to the good men and women of England about the unique cultural phenomenon known as the Super Bowl.
Here, from Tottenham’s Spurs TV Online, Dempsey explains about the social aspect of it all. And he reveals which team he supports in American football. (Hint: they aren’t playing today.)
And just for hoots (and because I happened to discover the clip looking through the Spurs TV Online archives) here’s former U.S. international Brad Friedel demonstrating his made soccer-tennis skills.
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 3
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 4
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 3