Feb 3, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
I mean, how great is Clint Dempsey?
In 2012 the man seriously took it to another level, establishing himself as a genuine Premier League force, a high-value transfer target and the most important U.S. national team attacker. (Sorry, Landon Donovan … but we don’t even know if you’re still playing, man!)
And this year, Dempsey is adding even more responsibility, apparently. He’s becoming something of an American cultural decoder, explaining to the good men and women of England about the unique cultural phenomenon known as the Super Bowl.
Here, from Tottenham’s Spurs TV Online, Dempsey explains about the social aspect of it all. And he reveals which team he supports in American football. (Hint: they aren’t playing today.)
And just for hoots (and because I happened to discover the clip looking through the Spurs TV Online archives) here’s former U.S. international Brad Friedel demonstrating his made soccer-tennis skills.
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 2
- Three Liverpool players on PFA Player of the Year shortlist 0