Feb 3, 2013, 11:18 AM EST
Maurice Edu’s move to Turkey is already paying dividends.
No, the league is not as high-quality and certainly not as revered as his former EPL home. But what difference does it make if the U.S. international isn’t playing?
Edu certainly is getting into the action at Bursaspor, where the U.S. midfielder just finished his fourth match with the Turkish Super Lig club.
It has been just over two weeks since Edu moved to Bursaspor on loan from Stoke City. For whatever reason, he just never caught on with Stoke and manager Tony Pulis after his summer move from Rangers in Scotland.
We’ll find out tomorrow whether Edu will meet up with the U.S. national team in Miami, where they will train for two days ahead of Wednesday’s World Cup qualifier in Honduras. Best guess is that, yes, Edu will find his way into Jurgen Klinsmann’s 20-something man selection.
This much is certain: his chances are certainly better now that he’s playing.
By the way, Bursaspor’s result Saturday wasn’t a bad one, a 1-1 draw with Super Lig leaders Galatasaray, where new high-profile signing Wesley Sneijder got in for the last 20 minutes.
Edu started and played the entire way.
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Watch Live: Sporting Kansas City at Seattle Sounders (Lineups and discussion) 2
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City