U.S. roster tidbit revealed: congratulations Matt Besler! (And not just for the Kardashian-fabulous seating)
Feb 3, 2013, 5:19 PM EST
I am so not a fan of the Kardashians and this silly cult of personality catastrophe, this reality TV-driven ditch where people are famous for being famous. Well, and for leaked sex tapes … but pot-TAY-to, po-TAH-to, I suppose.
My next contract with NBC will actually include a clause that says “Kim Kardashian” can only be used as a punch line. If I have my way, at least.
But against all odds, Kim Kardashian has actually found a pathway into usefulness in our soccer niche today. Hat-tip to MLSSoccer.com’s Andrew Wiebe for alerting us to this one.
Seems that Sporting Kansas City’s Matt Besler found himself next to Kardashian on a flight into … wait for it … Miami!
That means the SKC center back, who hardly seemed out of his element in earning that first U.S. cap last week in Houston, will be among Jurgen Klinsmann’s
Klinsmann and the U.S. Soccer staff ask players not to reveal whether they have been selected for internationals. Why? Good question.
It’s all rather silly; what’s the downside, after all, to announcing these rosters earlier?
I don’t usually get all worked up over it one way or the other, honestly. But if Kim freakin’ Kardashian is going to know more about the U.S. roster than the rest of us, well, I might start.
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 5
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire
- Report: Man City Prepare $278 Million Offer for Lionel Messi
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit