U.S. roster tidbit revealed: congratulations Matt Besler! (And not just for the Kardashian-fabulous seating)
Feb 3, 2013, 5:19 PM EST
I am so not a fan of the Kardashians and this silly cult of personality catastrophe, this reality TV-driven ditch where people are famous for being famous. Well, and for leaked sex tapes … but pot-TAY-to, po-TAH-to, I suppose.
My next contract with NBC will actually include a clause that says “Kim Kardashian” can only be used as a punch line. If I have my way, at least.
But against all odds, Kim Kardashian has actually found a pathway into usefulness in our soccer niche today. Hat-tip to MLSSoccer.com’s Andrew Wiebe for alerting us to this one.
Seems that Sporting Kansas City’s Matt Besler found himself next to Kardashian on a flight into … wait for it … Miami!
That means the SKC center back, who hardly seemed out of his element in earning that first U.S. cap last week in Houston, will be among Jurgen Klinsmann’s
Klinsmann and the U.S. Soccer staff ask players not to reveal whether they have been selected for internationals. Why? Good question.
It’s all rather silly; what’s the downside, after all, to announcing these rosters earlier?
I don’t usually get all worked up over it one way or the other, honestly. But if Kim freakin’ Kardashian is going to know more about the U.S. roster than the rest of us, well, I might start.
- Marvell Wynne, Bakary Soumare headline Stage 2 of MLS Re-Entry Draft results 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 0
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 3
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 1
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1