Feb 7, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
C’mon, it’s not even fair anymore. It’s Leo Messi’s world, and the rest of us are just hoping to glom on to a little bit of it.
It’s not enough that he’s the best player on the planet, and that he plays for one of the best team’s on the planet.
Heck, considering the suffocating pressure Brazil will be under to mop up a tournament in its own country, more than one informed voice is already tipping Leo Messi’s Argentina to claim glory at World Cup 2014. That would absolutely cement his place among the world’s greatest of all-time greats. That World Cup trophy is the only thing holding back Messi at the moment from a knock-down, drag-out of a conversation about the best ever. Pele and Diego Maradona did, in fact, register some of those world crowns.
Now, Messi is getting his “cover boy” on, too.
Fresh off winning another Ballon d’or, Messi will grace the cover of Esquire’s March issue, its sports special.
- Americans Abroad Preview: Howard looks for bounceback vs Manchester United 0
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 1
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 3