Feb 7, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
C’mon, it’s not even fair anymore. It’s Leo Messi’s world, and the rest of us are just hoping to glom on to a little bit of it.
It’s not enough that he’s the best player on the planet, and that he plays for one of the best team’s on the planet.
Heck, considering the suffocating pressure Brazil will be under to mop up a tournament in its own country, more than one informed voice is already tipping Leo Messi’s Argentina to claim glory at World Cup 2014. That would absolutely cement his place among the world’s greatest of all-time greats. That World Cup trophy is the only thing holding back Messi at the moment from a knock-down, drag-out of a conversation about the best ever. Pele and Diego Maradona did, in fact, register some of those world crowns.
Now, Messi is getting his “cover boy” on, too.
Fresh off winning another Ballon d’or, Messi will grace the cover of Esquire’s March issue, its sports special.
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 2
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 4
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: Cuadrado to Manchester United, Lukaku to Everton 0
- Steven Gerrard endured “worst three months” of his life after Liverpool, England heartbreak 2
- Premier League on tour, Tuesday roundup: United beat Inter in penalties 1