Feb 7, 2013, 4:24 PM EST
C’mon, it’s not even fair anymore. It’s Leo Messi’s world, and the rest of us are just hoping to glom on to a little bit of it.
It’s not enough that he’s the best player on the planet, and that he plays for one of the best team’s on the planet.
Heck, considering the suffocating pressure Brazil will be under to mop up a tournament in its own country, more than one informed voice is already tipping Leo Messi’s Argentina to claim glory at World Cup 2014. That would absolutely cement his place among the world’s greatest of all-time greats. That World Cup trophy is the only thing holding back Messi at the moment from a knock-down, drag-out of a conversation about the best ever. Pele and Diego Maradona did, in fact, register some of those world crowns.
Now, Messi is getting his “cover boy” on, too.
Fresh off winning another Ballon d’or, Messi will grace the cover of Esquire’s March issue, its sports special.
- Red Bulls’ season could rest on the shoulders of Tim Cahill 0
- Can Thibaut Courtois surpass Manuel Neuer as the world’s best? 2
- Geoff Cameron talks Thanksgiving, Stoke City vs. Liverpool and more 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester United, Chelsea, QPR 0
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0