Feb 7, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
A week ago, David Beckham had the soccer world all a-hither with word of his new mailing address. (Seriously, would it kill you to send the man a welcome card?) Becks and his golden right foot would now be wearing the (increasingly familiar) colors of Paris Saint-Germain.
If you wondering whether Beckham might be getting on the field soon for Carlo Ancelloti’s club, current leaders in French Ligue 1 and about to do high profile Champions League battle with Spain’s Valencia, here’s some important information for you:
The man has yet to show up for training.
He’s got business in London, apparently. You might recall, Beckham had a lot of this business in London when he was under LA Galaxy employment. There were weddings to attend, tennis tournaments, extended preseason training with clubs for which he really had no interest in playing.
I mean, he’s busy!
What Ancelotti told reporters Thursday:
He works this week with two physical trainers. He is in London for personal reasons right now but he will be back with the team before our match with Valencia. It is possible that he will be ready for Sochaux.”
So it looks likely that Beckham’s first appearance with PSG will be Feb. 17 against Sochaux.
- NBC to air all 10 Premier League games on final day in “Championship Sunday” extravaganza 1
- Minnesota Vikings “stepping up” bid for MLS franchise 5
- Manchester City the best paid team in sport, beat New York Yankees to accolade 2
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 6 0
- ProSoccerTalk MLS Team of the Week – Week 6 0
- Arsene Wenger insists Arsenal can finish in the top four 5