Feb 7, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
A week ago, David Beckham had the soccer world all a-hither with word of his new mailing address. (Seriously, would it kill you to send the man a welcome card?) Becks and his golden right foot would now be wearing the (increasingly familiar) colors of Paris Saint-Germain.
If you wondering whether Beckham might be getting on the field soon for Carlo Ancelloti’s club, current leaders in French Ligue 1 and about to do high profile Champions League battle with Spain’s Valencia, here’s some important information for you:
The man has yet to show up for training.
He’s got business in London, apparently. You might recall, Beckham had a lot of this business in London when he was under LA Galaxy employment. There were weddings to attend, tennis tournaments, extended preseason training with clubs for which he really had no interest in playing.
I mean, he’s busy!
What Ancelotti told reporters Thursday:
He works this week with two physical trainers. He is in London for personal reasons right now but he will be back with the team before our match with Valencia. It is possible that he will be ready for Sochaux.”
So it looks likely that Beckham’s first appearance with PSG will be Feb. 17 against Sochaux.
- Talking points on Portland’s 2-2 draw with Vancouver 0
- PSG president confirms Saturday was likely David Beckham’s farewell match 2
- As Alex Ferguson says goodbye, Manchester United’s cupboard remains stocked 0
- Bayern Munich finish German season 25 points ahead of Borussia Dortmund 0
- England’s top four: Games that matter in the English Premier League’s last round 0
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago