Feb 7, 2013, 6:19 PM EST
A week ago, David Beckham had the soccer world all a-hither with word of his new mailing address. (Seriously, would it kill you to send the man a welcome card?) Becks and his golden right foot would now be wearing the (increasingly familiar) colors of Paris Saint-Germain.
If you wondering whether Beckham might be getting on the field soon for Carlo Ancelloti’s club, current leaders in French Ligue 1 and about to do high profile Champions League battle with Spain’s Valencia, here’s some important information for you:
The man has yet to show up for training.
He’s got business in London, apparently. You might recall, Beckham had a lot of this business in London when he was under LA Galaxy employment. There were weddings to attend, tennis tournaments, extended preseason training with clubs for which he really had no interest in playing.
I mean, he’s busy!
What Ancelotti told reporters Thursday:
He works this week with two physical trainers. He is in London for personal reasons right now but he will be back with the team before our match with Valencia. It is possible that he will be ready for Sochaux.”
So it looks likely that Beckham’s first appearance with PSG will be Feb. 17 against Sochaux.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3