Feb 7, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
U.S. and Hannover right back Steve Cherundolo has undergone arthroscopic knee surgery, Yanks Abroad reports today.
Hannover officials say a time-table for return is 2-3 weeks, which sounds just a tad optimistic for a defender about to turn 34.
The longtime Hannover fixture will miss his club’s UEFA Europa League matches against Russia’s Anji Machatchkala, a blow for the German club.
For the United States, Cherundolo will almost surely be back (barring further injury or a complication from the current one.) The only question might be about his sharpness and fitness ahead of a match the United States really needs to win.
The game being played at 5,000-feet (in Denver) won’t help matters.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1