Feb 7, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
U.S. and Hannover right back Steve Cherundolo has undergone arthroscopic knee surgery, Yanks Abroad reports today.
Hannover officials say a time-table for return is 2-3 weeks, which sounds just a tad optimistic for a defender about to turn 34.
The longtime Hannover fixture will miss his club’s UEFA Europa League matches against Russia’s Anji Machatchkala, a blow for the German club.
For the United States, Cherundolo will almost surely be back (barring further injury or a complication from the current one.) The only question might be about his sharpness and fitness ahead of a match the United States really needs to win.
The game being played at 5,000-feet (in Denver) won’t help matters.
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0