Feb 7, 2013, 3:14 PM EST
U.S. and Hannover right back Steve Cherundolo has undergone arthroscopic knee surgery, Yanks Abroad reports today.
Hannover officials say a time-table for return is 2-3 weeks, which sounds just a tad optimistic for a defender about to turn 34.
The longtime Hannover fixture will miss his club’s UEFA Europa League matches against Russia’s Anji Machatchkala, a blow for the German club.
For the United States, Cherundolo will almost surely be back (barring further injury or a complication from the current one.) The only question might be about his sharpness and fitness ahead of a match the United States really needs to win.
The game being played at 5,000-feet (in Denver) won’t help matters.
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 1
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0