Feb 8, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
I do not know this as a fact, but I’d be willing to bet my favorite childhood Christmas gift on it:
Steve Nash is the only MLS owner who can do what we see in the video below. (This could change one day if David Beckham exercises that MLS ownership clause.)
I mean, there are guys making their living in MLS who probably couldn’t pull of the little street soccer maneuver Nash threw down Thursday night. With a basketball, no less!
This happened in a game against the Celtics, where the lifelong Tottenham Hotspurs fan and minority owner of the Vancouver Whitecaps took the opportunity to remind us soccer is hard-wired into his DNA.
May as well, since the Lakers aren’t playing much basketball these days:
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 0
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 2
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2