Feb 8, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
I do not know this as a fact, but I’d be willing to bet my favorite childhood Christmas gift on it:
Steve Nash is the only MLS owner who can do what we see in the video below. (This could change one day if David Beckham exercises that MLS ownership clause.)
I mean, there are guys making their living in MLS who probably couldn’t pull of the little street soccer maneuver Nash threw down Thursday night. With a basketball, no less!
This happened in a game against the Celtics, where the lifelong Tottenham Hotspurs fan and minority owner of the Vancouver Whitecaps took the opportunity to remind us soccer is hard-wired into his DNA.
May as well, since the Lakers aren’t playing much basketball these days:
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 29 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 6
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keeps Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla
- Sweden Clash U.S. Women's National Team Undefeated 2-Year Record
- Captain America to Visit Chivas USA
- Lockout Virus Continues, MLS to Start 2014 with Replacement Refs
- Revs To Rely on Intensity, Depth in Opener vs. Dynamo
- Three Keys & One Standout for Toronto FC
- The John Strong Interview. Part 1 - MLS 2014
- Gonzalo Pineda: ''Playing Outside of Mexico Has Always Been a Goal''