Feb 8, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Man, sometimes Friday afternoons in Major League Soccer are just the best. According to a shocked Joshua Meyers, Chivas USA midfielder Shalrie Joseph walked into Seattle Sounders training looking ready to trial with Osvaldo Alonso and the rest of the Pacific Northwest crew. At the moment, his rights remain with Chivas USA.
Joseph seems like a likely person to move on from the Southern California team he joined last season due to the Goats’ policy of getting non-Mexican-Americans the heck out of Dodge, but it comes as a surprise that the trial happened so quietly.
Joseph isn’t the player he was when he dominated the midfield for New England during so much of the late 2000s but he’s still a force and would fit in nicely with Sigi Schmid’s club. The Grenada international has also played center back, a position where the Sounders could desperately use some help.
We’ll keep updating this post as we find out more information.
But for now, how about some jokes on Twitter!
It’d be awesome if that Sharlie Joseph pic was just Brad Evans in a wig he picked up in Honduras.
— Chris Tobin (@C_Tobin) February 8, 2013
— Sean Monaghan (@SeanMonaghan_SM) February 8, 2013
Trade talks are “confirmed,” whatever that means:
Shalrie’s agent confirms trade talks between Sounders and Chivas USA #mls
— Steven Goff (@SoccerInsider) February 8, 2013
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 0
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 2
- Report: Xavi’s move to New York City FC collapses, will remain at Barcelona 3