Feb 10, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
A few things we learned from Chicago 1-0 win over San Jose on Saturday in Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Joel Lindpere and Jeff Larentowicz once again held the middle of Chicago’s 4-4-2. Chris Rolfe played beneath Sherjill MacDonald at the head of the attack.
- Dilly Duka, Arne Friedrich, Patrick Nyarko, and Sean Johnson saw their first action of the 2013 preseason. Duka, the winger recently acquired from Columbus, started on the left.
- The blog On The Fire reported that Gonzalo Segares was sharp on the left in this report. Less impressive, apparently, was Logan Pause, now stationed on the right along the back line.
- Increasingly well-traveled MLS forward Quincy Amarikwa appeared as a guest player for Chicago, earning a late penalty kick.
- From San Jose’s side, forward Chris Wondolowski and defender Justin Morrow made their first preseason appearances in a match for Frank Yallop. They have been in national team camp, of course.
- Several starters were missing for the Earthquakes.
And now, ground-level match highlights with some peppy music:
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3