Feb 11, 2013, 6:34 PM EDT
Mikael Silvestre is making the MLS Pacific Northwest rounds.
He just finished a trial stint with Portland but has already moved on. He is now in Seattle Sounders training camp in Tucson.
Most observers who saw the former French international with Portland in Arizona said Silvestre more than held his own. The question then is at what Price is he willing to play?
Jhon Kennedy Hurtado, Patrick Ianni and Zach Scott are the first-choice center backs at the moment for Sigi Schmid. Is that OK? Yes. Does it look like a central pairing that could take a team to MLS Cup? Not so much.
In fact, when you look at Seattle’s depth chart, the team looks great in goal, absolutely stacked in midfield and OK at forward. The back line is the one area that needs improvement.
(Yes, by the way, we are speaking a lot of a man who is 35 in Silvestre. That’s just what happens when a guy spends nine seasons at fabled Manchester United.)
- Malky Mackay and Iain Moody investigated by FA for ‘sexist, racist and homophobic’ text messages while at Cardiff City 3
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 4
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 9
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0