Feb 11, 2013, 6:34 PM EDT
Mikael Silvestre is making the MLS Pacific Northwest rounds.
He just finished a trial stint with Portland but has already moved on. He is now in Seattle Sounders training camp in Tucson.
Most observers who saw the former French international with Portland in Arizona said Silvestre more than held his own. The question then is at what Price is he willing to play?
Jhon Kennedy Hurtado, Patrick Ianni and Zach Scott are the first-choice center backs at the moment for Sigi Schmid. Is that OK? Yes. Does it look like a central pairing that could take a team to MLS Cup? Not so much.
In fact, when you look at Seattle’s depth chart, the team looks great in goal, absolutely stacked in midfield and OK at forward. The back line is the one area that needs improvement.
(Yes, by the way, we are speaking a lot of a man who is 35 in Silvestre. That’s just what happens when a guy spends nine seasons at fabled Manchester United.)
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 0
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 1
- 2011 Women’s World Cup final loss still burns in Abby Wambach’s memory 1
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 4
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0