Feb 11, 2013, 6:34 PM EDT
Mikael Silvestre is making the MLS Pacific Northwest rounds.
He just finished a trial stint with Portland but has already moved on. He is now in Seattle Sounders training camp in Tucson.
Most observers who saw the former French international with Portland in Arizona said Silvestre more than held his own. The question then is at what Price is he willing to play?
Jhon Kennedy Hurtado, Patrick Ianni and Zach Scott are the first-choice center backs at the moment for Sigi Schmid. Is that OK? Yes. Does it look like a central pairing that could take a team to MLS Cup? Not so much.
In fact, when you look at Seattle’s depth chart, the team looks great in goal, absolutely stacked in midfield and OK at forward. The back line is the one area that needs improvement.
(Yes, by the way, we are speaking a lot of a man who is 35 in Silvestre. That’s just what happens when a guy spends nine seasons at fabled Manchester United.)
Mar 12, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
It’s hard to imagine another player at United seizing the captaincy, but how about England?
Mar 12, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
“The biggest way you can tell that right off the bat is training,” Parkhurst said.
Wambach scores twice as US women end disappointing Algarve Cup with win over North Korea, 7th place finish
Mar 12, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
With the victory, the U.S. avoided going winless in four consecutive games for the first time since 2001.
Mar 12, 2014, 8:31 AM EDT
PST’s own Joe Prince-Wright is slated for an exclusive interview with Krueger later this morning, so keep it tuned here.
Mar 12, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
“If you lose, don’t start complaining about silly things,” Robben said.
Mar 12, 2014, 7:28 AM EDT
Champions League injury forced German midfielder off at halftime, will have Ozil out of lineup.
Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic
Mar 12, 2014, 6:09 AM EDT
Barcelona carry a two-goal lead into Wednesday’s visit from City, while PSG’s four-goal edge has Laurent Blanc set to rest his stars.
Mar 12, 2014, 12:23 AM EDT
A 95th minute goal from Alan Gordon gives San Jose momentum ahead of next week’s second leg.
Mar 11, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
Last year’s MLS Cup qualifiers start the season 1-2 in our rankings.
Mar 11, 2014, 9:43 PM EDT
Gunners prospect could soon be locked into an international career with Germany.
Mar 11, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Champions League was Milan’s last battle. Now, two months of auditions for next year’s team begin, with Seedorf decide who will return for the Rossoneri’s restart.
Mar 11, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
Over the course of two legs, Arsenal was outshot 41-15 and had only 27 percent of the ball.
Mar 11, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
Legacy didn’t matter, Costa is ready for your love, and Atlético improved but imperfect.
Mar 11, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
Another sickening blow for Holden, who suffers knee ligament damage after latest comeback game goes horribly wrong:
Mar 11, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
With the Gunners falling at the first UCL knockout hurdle once again, what did we learn this time?
Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.)
Mar 11, 2014, 5:42 PM EDT
Defending champions Bayern down Gunners to reach quarterfinals of Champions League:
Mar 11, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
With seven goals in five Champions League games, Costa has led Atlético into the quarterfinals.
Mar 11, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
Three Vancouver Whitecaps, three Columbus Crew take their place in the first week’s Best XI.
Mar 11, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Japanese youngster traveled with squad to Munich… then Arsenal found out he was ineligible:
Mar 11, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Nick Rimando snared the league’s honor, but the Dancing Bear claims PST’s first weekly award.
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 0
- Southampton name former Edmonton Oilers coach its new chairman 0
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 0
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma
- Rooney Reveals Desire to Captain United and England
- Thistle Manager Sent Off While Playing For His Team's Under-20s
- Is CONCACAF Champions League Format Working Against MLS?
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF
- Escalada's Brace Against Leon Puts Emelec at Top in Libertadores Cup
- Galaxy Know Home Cooking is key to Beating Tijuana