Feb 11, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
Los Angeles Galaxy striker Robbie Keane, so responsible for pushing the Galaxy over the MLS Cup finish line last year when, for the season’s final two months, he was the league’s top forward, was in New York on Monday for a round of media sessions.
He had a little something titillating to say on Frank Lampard, the longtime Chelsea midfield force who once seemed like a viable target for the LA Galaxy (but my not be as much of one today, as mentioned earlier today on the blog).
From Goal.com, what Keane said about Lampard, who will be out of contract at Chelsea at the end of the year, although speculation is growing that the Stamford Bridge deciders will reverse course and keep the veteran midfielder around a while longer:
Listen, we need players like that, and bringing in a Frank Lampard would obviously be good for the team. So hopefully, we will see him soon.”
Keane also shared his thoughts on Landon Donovan, who has yet to turn up at LA Galaxy preseason training and … well … who knows what might happen there?
You have to respect someone’s decision about what they want to do with their life. For me, I enjoy being paid to do what I love. I can only speak on my experience, you have to respect someone’s decision. … If you need time off, you need time off.”
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0