Feb 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
A scattering of points to consider as you watch the U.S. women arrive into chilly Nashville on Sunday.
- U.S. Soccer says more than 10,000 tickets have been sold for Wednesday’s contest at LP Field. Hopefully, the result for U.S. Soccer will be more favorable than it was for the organization’s last stop at the big stadium in Music City. You remember that one, right?
- This is the team’s last match before the Algarve Cup in Portugal that starts in about a month.
- U.S. striker Alex Morgan seems to be moving OK following Saturday’s injury. Then again, she’s just walking through an airport, not dodging Scottish tacklers.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1