Feb 11, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
A scattering of points to consider as you watch the U.S. women arrive into chilly Nashville on Sunday.
- U.S. Soccer says more than 10,000 tickets have been sold for Wednesday’s contest at LP Field. Hopefully, the result for U.S. Soccer will be more favorable than it was for the organization’s last stop at the big stadium in Music City. You remember that one, right?
- This is the team’s last match before the Algarve Cup in Portugal that starts in about a month.
- U.S. striker Alex Morgan seems to be moving OK following Saturday’s injury. Then again, she’s just walking through an airport, not dodging Scottish tacklers.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 3
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 3
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 5
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 3